by KirkwallSim

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [COL] No mushrooms or forgeable in the bramblewood

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions; all game packs except batuu, outdoor retreat and strangerville; stuff packs I own are tiny living, nifty knitting, movie hangout stuff, vintage glamour, perfect patio, kids room, laundry day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Visit the Bramblewood park with a sim
What happens when the bug occurs? very limited forageables. on the many times that i have been there in different seasons, I have managed to find one or two chocoberry bushes and one mushroom plant.
What do you expect to see? all (or most of) the berries and mushrooms required for the quests to be around to be foraged, the neighbourhood description says there is lots of plants in bramblewood but there are less than other neighbourhoods!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. buying cottage living

other people experiencing the same issue

https://www.reddit.com/r/Sims4/comments/opu5zc/spicy_and_lovely_mushrooms/

Message 1 of 20 (3,869 Views)

Re: [COL] no mushrooms or forrageables in the bramblewood

★★★★ Novice

Strange mushrooms will appear around midnight if you arrive to the Bramblewood neighborhood a few hours earlier (I can remember at least 6 spawns). By the time my sim collected them all and went back to his home lot, it was too close to the Harvest time for his garden and so none of his plants were harvestable that day. It’s frustrating and unrealistic that harvests/spawns depend which neighborhood the controlled Sim is in and for how long.

Message 2 of 20 (3,857 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@kirstieisbored Does the chocoberry ever get to harvestables ?

There's a more general thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Wild-plants-not-growing-AT-ALL-since-installing-cottage-living... so if they also don't get to harvestables, it sounds like all the same.

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 20 (3,845 Views)

★ Apprentice

they will have about two berry bushes, of which the berries were harvestable when I first started the save in spring, but haven't been since then! so there is an issue with the number of spawns in addition to whether they are harvestable

Message 4 of 20 (3,836 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Also had this issue which is stopping me advancing my aspiration. I managed to forage a frog from a log on the first day but since then no logs have spawned. The mushrooms stay as dirt patches. On the first day I visited the creature keeper planted a cherry tree in his garden pot but it hasn’t grown at all. I have spotted maybe three choccoberry and raspberry bushes but on daily visits over two weeks none of them became harvestable.

Message 5 of 20 (3,585 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

In my game wild plants do grow and are harvestable but I also have very few collectibles in general in the Bramblewood. It‘s currently summer in my game and in the whole area I have: 3 Chocoberry Shrubs, 1 Blueberry, 1 Nightly Mushroom, 1 Strange Mushroom, 1 Frog log and 1 Dig Pile. There aren‘t any plants that are out of seasons as you find them in the other worlds either and no rocks at all. For an area that centers around collecting this seems to be an oddly meager harvest. 

Message 6 of 20 (3,555 Views)

★ Apprentice

this is exactly my problem Anska! there seems to be less forrageables per area than other worlds. I only had one dig pile every time i went too. this is far less than what you might find in the park in oasis springs for example

Message 7 of 20 (3,548 Views)

This exact thing happened to me too, frustrating, as it meant I couldn't complete my aspiration in time. 

Message 8 of 20 (2,895 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [COL] no mushrooms or forrageables in the bramblewood

★★★★★ Apprentice

This happens to me as well. I can't finish one of those task thingies for my neighbor now because I need one of those mushrooms. 

There is literally 0 in my world. Non are spawning. Only Rasberry bushes but they won't grow. The only way I could get those mushrooms is via tasks and buying them at the stalls, but they always only have 1 or kind in there. Throughout my few days of playing non stop, I only managed to collect 3 kinds of mushrooms. Searching near that snail statue and getting them as rewards for completing tasks.

Also, all plants keep resetting. The plants on my lot have reset only once since I bought the expansion pack. The wild ones however will reset every few sim days. But I guess this is a totally different problem. 

Message 9 of 20 (2,876 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [COL] no mushrooms or forrageables in the bramblewood

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

This happens for me only when my Sim doesn't live in Bramblewood. When living in Bramblewood my Sim has always enough harvestables as you can see on the screenshots.The longer he lived in Bramblewood the more mushrooms appeared.

Your  Sim should stay one night at Bramblewood and in the morning he has enough to harvest. He could go on holiday or sleep in a tent.

Message 10 of 20 (2,858 Views)