by GiardiniDiMarzo

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [CD] [GT] Celebrity level incorrectly displayed on Sims and pets

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.73.57.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except Bowling night, Fitness stuff, Luxury Party, Perfect Patio, Romantic Garden, Journey to Batoo.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm really not sure
What happens when the bug occurs? One of my Dog Sims is somehow a one star celebrity. This has never happened before. There was a famous 1 star celebrity visiting the house, after they left the dog was a one star celebrity. I am not sure if this was a result of the sims visit or not.
What do you expect to see? My pets not being famous
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I do not understandddddd

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Added Base Game Version Number

Message 1 of 20 (1,777 Views)

Re: My Dog Sim is famous

Hero
@madibutler What kind of mods are you using ? Do you get famous pets if you play on a vanilla game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 20 (1,739 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
It happens to me too but with my cat, who has become a Global Superstar. I assumed it happens because I posted her pictures on Simstagram and she started getting followers.
Message 3 of 20 (1,733 Views)

Hero
@GiardiniDiMarzo Are you using mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 20 (1,726 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@crinrict Only a couple of CC hair, nothing about animals or modifying the script. No T.O.O.L., no MCCC, none of the sort. Absolutely nothing that changes the game mechanics.
It's not a problem for me per se, I just wanted to share my experience with the op, letting they know that it doesn't just happen to them.
Anyway I play on PC and I have all the expansions, game packs and stuff packs, of the kits I only own the country kitchen one.
Message 5 of 20 (1,705 Views)

Hero
@GiardiniDiMarzo Mine are not famous though although I simstagram them a lot. Don't think they should be.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 20 (1,693 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@crinrict Are your sim also famous? Because the owners of my famous cat are both famous.
Message 7 of 20 (1,684 Views)

Hero
@GiardiniDiMarzo Not sure, but I think one of them is a notable newcomer. Would need to check though

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 20 (1,677 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

This one is my cat. Both the owners are also superstars.

cat_famous.jpg

Message 9 of 20 (1,646 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@madibutler @GiardiniDiMarzo @crinrict  Hi!  I'm not sure if it's the same thing but I noticed a glitch a while ago where occasionally the game shows celebrity labels on non-famous sims when my celebrity sim is present.  However, it's not consistent.  I do think it's a bug.  I'm just not sure what's happening here.  I took a couple screenshots when I noticed it and I've seen it a few times since then.

One minute this sim is a celebrity...

NonFamousSimwithlabel.png

The next minute, she isn't...

NonFamousSimwithoutlabel.png

At the time, my active sim was a 5 star.  So I guess I'm wondering if you all notice the label persisting every time you hover over your pets.  Like I said, I'm not sure it's related but possibly just a glitch that displays an erroneous label?

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 10 of 20 (1,618 Views)