by solexmert

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [CD] Dog just stands there

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.53.115.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? create a dog and play them in the lagoon look
What happens when the bug occurs? my dog she just stands there and look's at nothing she look's like twitching but not in a buggy way you can see in the videos
What do you expect to see? i never noticed before but this does not look normal to me
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 23 (8,148 Views)

Re: my dog just stands there

Hero
@solexmert Looks like he's stuck. Can you try resetting him ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 23 (8,103 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

ı did reset her but this happens all the time she only does that or sleeps or goes to the bathtub (she likes it)

ı just tried this on a diffrent world and the same thing happens she just lays on the floor

doesn't dogs do things when you don't interact with them ?

Message 3 of 23 (8,102 Views)

Hero
@solexmert Could you try repairing your game through Origin. Yeah, they should do stuff if you have autonomy on.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 23 (8,083 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

ı already did that :/ i wonder if anyone experienced this too ?

what do they do exactly like run around and stuff ? i searched for this on the web but can't find videos or anything about what they do 

how can i check if i have their autonomy on ?

Message 5 of 23 (8,078 Views)

Hero
@solexmert It's general autonomy and goes for all Sims/pets. There's a setting in your game options.

Mine basically runs around, goes play with toys, gets scared of stuff.

Could you test a different save/dog if you have the same issue ? What traits does the dog have ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 23 (8,052 Views)

★★★★ Novice

sorry for the late reply ı tried the thing you said but something doesn't feel right it's gonna be troubling but can you put a video of your dog when you have the time ? Thinking

Message 7 of 23 (8,031 Views)

Champion (Retired)

In the case if your video it appears there is not enough space to allow the dog to move. Move the seat away from that table just a bit. 

If you used MOO ( move objects ) be sure it is turned off. 

Spoiler

bb.moveobjects on

bb.moveobjects off

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 8 of 23 (8,008 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@solexmert  There are many videos on YouTube that show off cats and dogs. 

They searching for Sims 4 Cats and Dogs or Sims 4 Veterinarian.

@solexmert 
Edit to add some observations.

I created a new Sim to test dog behavior in the game. I used the 'Dog Hangout' lot trait to attract dogs to my home lot and had my Sim meet each one.
Eventually he befriended and adopted one of the random strays. As long as there was a Sim on the lot the dog would go to be with them and play fetch etc.

When my Sim left for work (rabbithole job) the dog did not do much. Sleep, go potty or eat if food was available.
There really was not much to video. If I did it would be a long boring one since I do not know how to edit them.  Confusedmile:

- EQ
Avid Sims Player
Game Version 1.53.115.1020 ReBranding Patch
All content installed thru Island Living
PC / Win 7
Never used CC or mods.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 9 of 23 (8,007 Views)

Hero
@solexmert Tagging for feedback.

Did you see @EuphorialQueen posts ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 23 (7,934 Views)