[NEEDS SAVES] Autonomous Insulting (1.94.147/1.68)

by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Autonomous Insulting (1.94.147/1.68)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.94.147/1.68
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Base game only
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Let your Sims start talking, soon they'll start using mean interactions
What happens when the bug occurs? They use mean interactions randomly, without a reason, ruining relationships.
What do you expect to see? I Expect to see Sims talking normally like it was before the last 2/3 patches.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Note: I personally play on PC but the reports that still occur are for console only so I'm making this report for console at this time. The answers given don't match my situation but the ones of the reporter of this thread to the best of my knowledge.

Information about this error

Disclaimer: This is not official info but information Kuttoe (modder) gave me and backed up up by evidence in this thread.

The mean interaction issue has been solved for most users completely now but there are still a few users reporting hence I'm making a new thread for this.

There are a few legit interactions but they should not be excessive.

Legit Interactions

There are a number of mean interactions that are perfectly legal and happen throughout your game. These are NOT bugs. They should not be excessive though unless you have an NAP or Club rule pushing them.

Basic Mean Autonomy 

BOTH of these conditions must be met:

• NOT Happy or Flirty
  • NOT Good or Loyal

Additionally one of the following must be met

• Conversation Quality is Distasteful, Offensive, Abhorrent, Insufferably Tedious, or Very Awkward
  • Two Sims are Broken Up
  • Active Sim is angry
  • Friendly Relationship between the Sims is -10 or lower
  • Active Sim is Erratic, Mean or Evil
  • Active Sim is under the effect of the Begonia Flower Arrangement
  • Active Sim is under the effect of Tense Secret Society Spirt
  • Active Sim has a bitter or furious Sentiment towards the target Sim.

There's also some nichy autonomy which I don't want to list all at this point but these are probably most common

• Active Sim is a child or teen with the Mean Streak phase
  • Active Sim is a child or teen with an Empathy score under -35

Information needed

If your issue is not explainable by any of the above , please post in this thread with either information which interactions your Sims are still doing. Make sure to post which packs you own and maybe post a video.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 64 (7,553 Views)

Re: [FIXED] Autonomous Insulting (After SDX)

★★★★★ Newbie

I'm still having this problem too and I'm really about to give up on my comfort game bc this has been going on for months and instead of it being an escape, now it's just another thing to * me off. Any news that comes out about a fix is a damn lie. I installed the latest update (PS4) a few days ago and the mean bug actually seems to have gotten worse! They'll ignore any normal interactions I try to have and just yell at each other all the time. And yet I'll see articles and players saying it was "fixed". I went to Reddit and the answer I basically got was "it's fixed for some PC players, but console players are just SOL." Thanks EA, was planning on buying some expansion packs but ig I'll just delete the game instead.
Message 1 of 64 (7,670 Views)

Re: Sims still being rude to each other AFTER fix!

★★★★★ Newbie

I'm definitely still seeing this. I just installed the most recent update (PS4) a few days ago and I keep seeing people say that fixed it for them (mostly PC users only), but for me it only seems to have gotten worse. They won't even do normal interactions at all anymore, just insulting and yelling constantly no matter what I do. No negative traits unless you count erratic, all maxed relationships until all this started. It's completely unplayable and I'm about to just delete it bc it's been going on for months with empty promises of a fix.

Message 2 of 64 (7,662 Views)

Hero
@mu95yf3f4x8z erractic is a trait that causes mean interactions, yes.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 64 (7,650 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Okay but it never has before? In my experience at least, my erratic Sims only get mean when they have the angry from erratic moodlet. And even with that they RARELY did mean interactions, they just stomped around for a few minutes. I'm talking about this is all the time. Every time they speak. To everyone. No matter how high the relationship is. That is not normal. It's still happening with my non-erratic Sims too. It just simply hasnt been fixed and everyone acting like it has is pissing me off because it's NOT. And why was that your only reaction to my comment? Idk how clearer it could be that it's the BUG. Not my Sims TRAITS. I've literally had Sims with the mean or criminal or whatever trait it's called before and even THEY didn't act like this. So how do you think this is normal??

Message 4 of 64 (7,646 Views)

Hero
@mu95yf3f4x8z Do you own Snowy Escape ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 64 (7,634 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

All I have is the base game. I was wanting to get some expansion packs, but oh well I guess.

Message 6 of 64 (7,632 Views)

Hero
@mu95yf3f4x8z

Select the game and press Options
Either click on Update History or Information.
What version do you see there ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 64 (7,810 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

1.68 It should be the latest version since I wasted all my hotspot 2 days ago downloading it.

Message 8 of 64 (7,809 Views)

Hero
@mu95yf3f4x8z Just wanted to make sure it really installed properly. I don't know how to further troubleshoot console but to me it sounds like that something isn't installed properly. There have been a few console players in here saying it's fixed for them to. so I don't know what's going on for you, especially since you don't even own Parenthood.

Also can't look at your save game unfortuantely.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 64 (7,805 Views)