[FIXED] Items Removed pop-up appears when no items removed (1.77.131)

by Gadgetdoll

Original Post

Re: Items Removed pop-up appears when no items removed after 7-20-21 update

★★★★ Guide
@crinrict I've had this happen on my old save.
Message 11 of 302 (5,168 Views)

Re: Items Removed pop-up appears when no items removed (Patch 1.77.131)

★★★ Newbie
@Gadgetdoll Check your sims home inventory! I found a lot of random items that were placed in my home inventory that used to be on my dream home decorator shelves! I think this is what items were “removed” for me.
Message 12 of 302 (5,128 Views)

Re: Items Removed pop-up appears when no items removed (Patch 1.77.131)

I have this only when loading the game, 2 out of 2 times loading the game since the patch. Once I was on a Maxis apartment lot, once on a park lot we built.

Message 13 of 302 (5,097 Views)

Items Removed Error - after July 2021 update

★ Novice

The Sims 4 was recently updated, July 2021, and since the update, I get the error message ITEMS REMOVED saying One or more items may not be installed on your computer or EA Account that is currently logged in does not own these items. It then continues to say how many items were removed. Before the update, I did not have an issue, and now every game I load get the error message.

I do not have any CC or mods. 

I did run the repair on the game but still getting the error message, and items are still missing, for example, a roof on one of the houses. 

Does anyone have suggestions? 

Message 14 of 302 (5,060 Views)

Re: Items Removed pop-up appears when no items removed after 7-20-21 update

★★★ Novice

Are there any updates on this? I am having the same issue. The pop-up message says that 18 and 15 items were removed from a couple of random lots I built, but there don't seem to be any missing items.

Message 15 of 302 (5,024 Views)

Re: Items Removed Error - after July 2021 update

★★★ Newbie

This has also happened to me, it removed doors and archways so my sims are all stuck and when I go to put new doors it won't let me. Unsure why this is the case.

Message 16 of 302 (4,979 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Items Removed pop-up appears when no items removed (Patch 1.77.131)

★ Apprentice

I wonder if this has to do with bb.moveobjects. A change was made in the patch prior to Cottage Living that introduced a warning when downloading a lot that used bb.moveobjects, for which the warning alerts users that this might negatively affect their lot (e.g. doors and windows or objects placed using bb.moveobjects would be removed unless the user had bb.moveobjects enabled).

I bring this up because I finally noticed what was missing -- it was a bunch of plants and rocks I had placed in landscaping that were placed with bb.moveobjects. Subsequent lots that I've visited where I've seen this message had the same, but it wasn't obvious what was missing as items that were expected to be used on say a rental lot or a visiting lot were still present.

Reference: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/update-7-20-2021

A little bit of Gallery

When you download a lot made with the bb.moveobjects cheat, the game now notifies you about this so you know to activate the cheat before placing the lot. Builders, this means you won't need to mention it in the lot’s description anymore!

Message 17 of 302 (4,919 Views)

★ Guide
@Wazoo53 I also think there may be a connection.
Message 18 of 302 (4,874 Views)

★ Apprentice

The only difference is I have all the packs excluding Journey to Batuu and Cottage Living...

Message 19 of 302 (4,839 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file with me where you've seen it occur? Ideally a save that still reproduces the message (so don't save again if you experience the issue). A lot/room shared on the Gallery that has the issue would also be helpful. A list of all packs you have installed would be useful as well. You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much!

Instructions for sharing your saves: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 20 of 302 (4,804 Views)