by ruralfpsgamer

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Toddlers Won't Show Up At Parks When Invited By Phone

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Invite a toddler to the park by phone.
What happens when the bug occurs? They don't show up.
What do you expect to see? The toddler spawning at the park venue.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Toddlers won't spawn at parks when invited by phone. Tested and confirmed that the tuning for allowing Toddlers to be invited to parks by phone points to a filter that doesn't allow toddlers. Pretty sure that this is an over-site and not on purpose because toddlers will spawn at pools when invited. I can understand not spawning at adult venues like bars, clubs etc., but I think parks should be allowed if pools are.

Message 1 of 16 (2,449 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Toddlers Won't Show Up At Parks When Invited By Phone

Hero
I've just tested a pool and they didn't spawn for me there either.

Is the toddler from your active family ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 16 (2,427 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

No it was an npc. I might have tested that part modded, I'll have to recheck. Are Toddlers not invited anywhere by default now? I was told that they could spawn at parks before recent updates.

Message 3 of 16 (2,426 Views)

Hero
I think they should and I see some inconstancies but if I've tried parks, gym, pools and they didn't spawn (why you can invite them in the first place is beyond me if they don't spawn) but they did if invited to my home lot.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 16 (2,417 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I tested in my game again unmodded with an npc toddler who was a friend and definitely could invite the toddler to the pool and not the park and you can see why in the tunings. The pool venue leads to the generic swimmer job in the the invite over section and allows toddlers in the pctyae filter whereas the park venue leads to the park default job in the invite over section and points to a ctyae filter that doesn't allow toddlers.

Message 5 of 16 (2,409 Views)

Hero
Weird. I've tried the pool in Windenburg and two custom ones and none of my toddlers show up.

Going to put this on unsure for now

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 16 (2,404 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
The family I tested with were in the My Households column and not the Other Households column in the Household Manager. Maybe that's why it shows for me and not for you?
Message 7 of 16 (2,386 Views)

Hero
Both households were played families for me.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 16 (2,385 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
To be absolutely sure, I started a brand new game that has never been touched by a mod in case the save had been changed by modding, befriended a toddler with an anonymous sim. Went to a pool with that sim and then invited that toddler to the pool by phone. The toddler showed up at the pool right away and didn't at the park. That was a brand new default game with no mods in it at all. Standard smile
Message 9 of 16 (2,370 Views)

Hero
Guess I'll be testing a new save tomorrow.

But yeah, the point is, even if it is working for pools, still not 100% sure it's not by design at this point, hence the unsure.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 16 (2,366 Views)