Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NEEDS INFO] [XB] Loading Screen Frozen When Trying To Start Game

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.38
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Dine Out, Laundry Day, Get To Work, City Living, Seasons
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When going into the game
What happens when the bug occurs? It is stuck on the first loading screen before the main page, it stops about 1/4 of the way.
What do you expect to see? The loading screen working, so I can go into the main page to play.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Once the new update came out, the anniversary one.

Its stuck at the loading screen. Its not frozen, because the plumbob is still spinning, it just stops loading so I can’t get into the main page game. 

Edit by PoptartJuniper: Added Tag to Title.

Message 12 of 32 (4,924 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Loading Screen Frozen When Trying To Start Game

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.

Hello.

Here's another workaround you can try for this issue:

1. Go to Manage Game & Add-ons > The Sims 4 > Saved Data
2. Delete Reserved Space
3. Launch Sims 4 again

If that doesn't fix it, you can try the steps to "Physically power cycle the console" on this page: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/power/restart-or-power-cycle-console

And if that doesn't fix it either, you can try re-installing Sims 4 and all DLC packs.

If none of the above fixes it, then something else is going on.  The team has not been able to reproduce the issue being described on this thread, but is continuing to look into it.

EDIT by crinrict: Added solution banner

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 15 of 32 (5,821 Views)

All Replies

Sims 4 not loading on XBox One Feb 25 2021

After the update which I installed, the service crashed. After the XBox Lives is back up, this game refuses to load. Sergeant LawWonder ain't too happy about this. The full shutdown, unplug then plug back in and start up the console didn't do jack. Fix this game!

Message 1 of 32 (5,009 Views)

Re: Sims 4 not loading on XBox One Feb 25 2021

★★★ Apprentice
@CommishLawWonder Same for me. I have tried everything except Uninstalling the game and have gotten no where. The loading is stuck in the same spot each time. I am so excited about this new update. Here we go again....
Message 2 of 32 (5,000 Views)

★★★ Novice
@SailorSquad05 This is happening to me too Frown
Message 3 of 32 (4,989 Views)

Won’t load

★★ Novice

Game won’t load after this new update it’s been stuck on the loading screen for the past 30 minutes 

Message 4 of 32 (4,878 Views)

[ Edited ]

@CommishLawWonderNot to mention that deleting the save from my Hard Drive and restoring from the cloud did nothing either. EA, if you're reading these complaints, this is the reason why you get so much hate from the community. This. Of all the planets aligned between Heaven and Hell, between good and evil, let it be known. Let the world be known.

Message 5 of 32 (4,980 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have this same issue. Xbox live finally comes back and the Sims 4 now refuses to load. I attached an image of where it stops for me. 

Message 6 of 32 (4,970 Views)

★ Guide

Same. Tried everything people mentioned here. I’m letting it run for now and if it hits an hour I’m turning it off finally. 

Message 7 of 32 (4,970 Views)

★ Guide
@summerbnik This is where it stops for me, too.
Message 8 of 32 (4,967 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

And it’s definitely an issue with just the Sims 4 because I played Ark: Survival Evolved first when Xbox live came back and have had zero issues loading and starting that up. 

Message 9 of 32 (4,952 Views)