by SimGuruRitzy

Original Post

[OPEN] [JTB] Droid loops on Distraction Procedure

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.83.24.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, game packs, and stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim travel to Batuu, place a droid in the world, click on the droid and select "engage follow procedure," then click anywhere and select "engage distraction procedure," then click on the droid again and select "engage follow procedure."
What happens when the bug occurs? Once the droid has engaged in distraction procedure (i.e. sparking animation), it does not stop. I can ask it to follow, deactivate it, put it in the Sim's inventory and place it back in the world, but it will still have the sparking animation. The only thing I have found to make it stop is to travel to a different neighborhood.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see an option to stop the distraction procedure or for other actions to stop it. I don't expect it to be ongoing with no way of stopping it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

MC Last Exception File

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cdokq43z1-89IMFQwG2rrXYWnW81_8dxiIf43vG7c6k/edit?usp=sharing

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 13 (4,423 Views)

Re: Batuu Droid Distraction Error

★★ Apprentice
Has anyone found a solution to this bug? I bought a BB droid and I have the same problem, when I give it the order "Start distraction protocol" I get a Last Exception, the droid goes to the place of the distraction, it starts throwing sparks and smoke and I can no longer stop it.

The Last Exception says "[tastle] Exception thrown while processing navmesh updates callbacks. Eating this exception to prevent the alarm from self-destructing (AtributeError: 'object_terrain' object has no attribute" is_on_location_changed_callback_registered'), CategoryID: __init__:198
Message 2 of 13 (4,161 Views)

EA Staff
@Manu2o6
Hello!
If you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 3 of 13 (4,116 Views)

★★ Apprentice
I use mods but I have already tried disabling all custom content and mods and although I don't get any in-game notification when disabling MCCC the game still creates a Last Exception in the Sims 4 folder when I use the droid to create a distraction.

I don't usually save the game after a Last Exception, what I did was continue the game without using that interaction, the others seem to work perfectly.

Later I will try to share the games as soon as I can.
Message 4 of 13 (4,059 Views)

Hero

Would you mind uploading the whole exception file ?

Follow instructions here on how to upload: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/m-p/3445427#M181737 (under Additional info)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 13 (4,050 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Here I send the Last Exception file

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 6 of 13 (4,022 Views)

Hero
@Manu2o6 Did you sent your save to EA yet ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 13 (4,004 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Yes, I sent it to SimGuruRitzy
Message 8 of 13 (4,001 Views)

Hero
@Manu2o6 Great. Thank you

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 13 (3,986 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [JTB] Droid loops on Distraction Procedure

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Me too , but im on the xbox one. And my droid keeps returning the the destraction destination.

And i dont see any error messages when it happends. 

Message 10 of 13 (2,186 Views)