[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Nvidia geforce gtx 1050 ti
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? TNjustice
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Any
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Any
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Any part, map just black
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Trying to play when noticed that i'm being followed by black circle, which makes all the textures go black, and i'm able to see through them
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 1
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 3/3/2020 11:20 CET
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? I can't play or concentrate on game-play, everything just pure dark. When i move i'm being followed by a black circle. Which paints everything in black/blank for me.
What should be happening instead? Normal textures
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? No idea. Maybe running same GPU.

Hello, after last update i can't load proper textures, reinstalling drivers did nothing. (It is possible to see other people through the textures, i dont want to be reported and get banned for that):D
Please help me, best regards.

[Admin - updating thread title]

Message 2 of 47 (9,609 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Black map/blank textures

★★ Novice

Verifying game files fixed it for me

View in thread

Message 3 of 47 (9,565 Views)

All Replies

Things around me become dark

★★★ Newbie

AMD or Nvidia Model Number Nvidia GTX 1060 3gb
Enter RAM memory size in GB 8gb
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Nightnerd_BOT
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Octane
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Wraith and Pathfinder
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Around me looking like a circle over the whole map
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Running around, looting and shooting
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 0 it happend instantly
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 03.03.20 20:53 DST Oslo, Norway
What happens when the bug occurs? In a radius everything becomes black or dark everywhere i go.
What should be happening instead? Things should be visible instead of dark
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know how or why but i just joined a game and the black "circle" was there

Here is a screenshot and the DxDiag report. Hope you can resolve this issue. Love Nightnerd Standard smile

Message 1 of 47 (9,448 Views)

★★ Novice

Verifying game files fixed it for me

Message 3 of 47 (9,566 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Giving it a shot now. For others to follow...

Verifying Game Files:

Open up the Origin Launcher and choose Apex Legends from your game library. ... If your game is corrupt or not running correctly, then you may want to choose the 'Repair' option, which will verify the game files. You'll be alerted once the game is updated and ready to play.

Message 4 of 47 (9,545 Views)

Re: Things around me become dark

★★★ Newbie
@Nightnerd_BOT I am having the exact same issue 100% after update today
Message 5 of 47 (9,368 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Nightnerd_BOT the whole lobby and background texture is black for me too and i crash when i want to go to the battle pass pls help
Message 6 of 47 (9,357 Views)

★★ Novice

i ran a repair on game and it fixed it... after a 12gb update....

Message 7 of 47 (9,350 Views)

Apex Legends Update Help

★ Novice

After the recent update whenever i try to play almost the entire thiing is dark including the guns, firing range is also black including the dirt you slide on

Message 8 of 47 (9,453 Views)

★★★ Newbie

VERIFIED FIX

Thanks ~ :D

Message 9 of 47 (9,510 Views)

Graphics Issues (Black map, skins and weapons)

★★★ Pro

AMD or Nvidia Model Number NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti 4GB GDDR5
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16 GB GDDR4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Noob_Chemist
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Caustic
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Everywhere
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Normal playing, nothing special, this happens in and outside of the match
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 0
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) Since the beginning of new overload patch in season 4
What happens when the bug occurs? I started to notice this in the lobby I noticed some skins for legends and weapons are turn into black, which remained the same in the match. But the main issue was that every section in the map that I walked into turn into black as well and I could only see items on the ground in a black screen. I could only play as sniper, since I was only able to see far, and close distance was all black.
What should be happening instead? Regular map and skin view with normal colors and not a flat black skin.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just step into the game with a legend with black (unusual black) skin, or check skins (legends and weapons) in the lobby.

This happens in several match right after the recent "overload" (season 4) update. 

I started to notice this in the lobby I noticed some skins for weapons are turn into black (regular, rare, epic and legendary), this also happened to characters' skins which remained the same even in the match.

The main issue was that every section of the map that I walked into turn into black as well and I could only see items on the ground in a black screen.

I could only play as sniper in a match, since I was only able to see far, and close distances were all black.

I couldn't fix it: 1) I restarted the game and it didn't help. 2) I restarted graphic settings (set to default) and it didn't help.

This had major impact on the game play, any suggestions?

Message 10 of 47 (9,675 Views)