[GRO] Remembering milestone moodlets at wrong location

by mightyspritesims

Original Post

[GRO] Remembering milestone moodlets at wrong location

[ Edited ]

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.104.58.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs, City Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Get to Work, Get Together, Seasons, Snowy Escape, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Realm of Magic, Tiny Living, Vintage Glamour, Courtyard Oasis, Dream Home Decorator, Cottage Living, Kids Room, Toddler Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Incheon Arrivals, Fashion Street, Blooming Rooms, Werewolves, High School Years, Desert Luxe, Pastel Pop, Everyday Clutter, Paranormal Stuff, Cool Kitchen, Book Nook, Industrial Loft, Vampires, Nifty Knitting, Home Chef Hustle, My First Pet Stuff, Growing Together, Goth Galore, Castle Estate, Romantic Garden Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Unsure how to replicate. It could be that the first fire occurred at a lot other than my sim's home lot. This sim also has the glitch where I failed to open the detailed milestone panel while she was an infant and now for the rest of her life her infant milestones constantly pop up as new. (https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-GRO-Infant-milestone-always-shown-as-new-after-aging-up/t...) Not sure if that is a condition for this bug.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim lives at The Old Mill in Evergreen Harbor. She experienced her first fire visiting her friend at 13 Acacia Avenue in San Sequoia. She got the "first fire" milestone, which shows 13 Acacia Avenue correctly. However, every so often when she is at home at The Old Mill, she gets moodlets related to remembering that a fire occurred here. She never gets those moodlets when continuing to visit her friend at 13 Acacia Avenue.
What do you expect to see? "Remembering a fire here" moodlets should occur when at the correct location stored in the milestone.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. installed Growing Together

My sim lives at The Old Mill (Evergreen Harbor).

She experienced her first fire at 13 Acacia Avenue (San Sequoia)... you know, the old "go to visit your friend, friend's mom lights the grill on fire" routine.

Now when she is at home, The Old Mill, she sometimes gets Very Tense moodlets for remembering that her first fire happened here. Except it didn't.

She has not so far gotten that moodlet when visiting her friend at 13 Acacia Avenue.

13 Acacia Avenue appears correctly as the location of the First Fire milestone in the milestone panel.

I have one mod, HomeRegions by kuttoe.

Testing without the mod would be time-consuming since the moodlets appear somewhat rarely, so submitting a bug report of my own would be hard, but thought I'd ask here to see if anyone else noticed it or if there's an existing bug report I can't find (I looked).

thx Standard smile mightysprite

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 4 (604 Views)

Re: Remembering milestone moodlets at wrong location- bug or mod issue?

Hi @mightyspritesims Kuttoe says his mod doesn't touch milestones and that they don't use the situation jobs his mod affects. So I can't see a reason that it's mod-related. 

Sul sul!
I don't work for EA, and I don't do private support.
I do receive products from EA as part of the EA Creator Network.
Have you backed up your Saves? Checked for broken and updated mods/CC?
Message 2 of 4 (581 Views)

Re: [GRO] Remembering milestone moodlets at wrong location

Hero
@mightyspritesims Moving this to the bug forum. Could you fill out the template. Thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 4 (555 Views)

Re: [GRO] Remembering milestone moodlets at wrong location

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.104.58.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs, City Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Get to Work, Get Together, Seasons, Snowy Escape, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Realm of Magic, Tiny Living, Vintage Glamour, Courtyard Oasis, Dream Home Decorator, Cottage Living, Kids Room, Toddler Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Incheon Arrivals, Fashion Street, Blooming Rooms, Werewolves, High School Years, Desert Luxe, Pastel Pop, Everyday Clutter, Paranormal Stuff, Cool Kitchen, Book Nook, Industrial Loft, Vampires, Nifty Knitting, Home Chef Hustle, My First Pet Stuff, Growing Together, Goth Galore, Castle Estate, Romantic Garden Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Unsure how to replicate. It could be that the first fire occurred at a lot other than my sim's home lot. This sim also has the glitch where I failed to open the detailed milestone panel while she was an infant and now for the rest of her life her infant milestones constantly pop up as new. (https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-GRO-Infant-milestone-always-shown-as-new-after-aging-up/t...) Not sure if that is a condition for this bug.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim lives at The Old Mill in Evergreen Harbor. She experienced her first fire visiting her friend at 13 Acacia Avenue in San Sequoia. She got the "first fire" milestone, which shows 13 Acacia Avenue correctly. However, every so often when she is at home at The Old Mill, she gets moodlets related to remembering that a fire occurred here. She never gets those moodlets when continuing to visit her friend at 13 Acacia Avenue.
What do you expect to see? "Remembering a fire here" moodlets should occur when at the correct location stored in the milestone.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. installed Growing Together

The moodlets occur so rarely that testing without mods would take a long time. However, kuttoe and luthienrising have confirmed that my only mod, HomeRegions, shouldn't have anything to do with this issue.

Message 4 of 4 (513 Views)