by WingedSnek

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[GRO] Difficult family dynamic resets out of CAS

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? first patch after the Infant Update (correct number will be added later)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EP: Get to Work, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Island Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Cottage Living, Growing Together; GP: Outdoor Retreat, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, Realm of Magic, Dream Home Decorator, Werewolves; SP: Tiny Living Stuff, Nifty Knitting Stuff, Paranormal Stuff; Kit: Desert Luxe
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create two sims. Select them as siblings. Set their family dynamic to be difficult.
What happens when the bug occurs? After placing them in the world their family dynamic resets to unselected again. This can be checked when editing one of the sims with a mirror.
What do you expect to see? The family dynamic should stay difficult.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. installing GRO

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 5 (811 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [GRO] Difficult family dynamic resets out of CAS

★ Guide
@crinrict I just tested a few things and found a bizarre solution. All family dynamics work for me, but just for this one specific family the difficult family dynamic did not work. I could save them in a new tray file or place them in a new save, no difference. However, they only bugged out while being a mermaid and werwolf respectively. In their original tray file, as normal sims, the difficult dynamic worked. Apparently something went wrong when they were transformed or while saving them as new tray file. So, I cloned both of them to create them as fresh sims but not lose any CAS process. That worked like a charm. Seems like this specific version of this specific household bugged out for some reason.

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (723 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

@WingedSnek I tested this and for me, CAS is correct for one of the sisters and not for the other but the profile is correct for both, so possibly just a CAS display issue ?

Do you only have issues with difficult and siblings ? What does the Profile say ? Does it reset by going back to CAS with mirror or was it never set properly ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (793 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict It is only correct during creation in CAS for both siblings. In live mode it is not shown in the profile, read, never set properly. That is why I checked the selection via the mirror, which confirmed it having reset. So far only difficult and sibling did not work for me. Otherwise I only tested spouses and distant, parent-child and supportive (?) and parent-child and distant. These worked for me.
Message 3 of 5 (775 Views)

Hero
@WingedSnek For me the siblings worked as well.

Did you try other dynamics ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (761 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict I just tested a few things and found a bizarre solution. All family dynamics work for me, but just for this one specific family the difficult family dynamic did not work. I could save them in a new tray file or place them in a new save, no difference. However, they only bugged out while being a mermaid and werwolf respectively. In their original tray file, as normal sims, the difficult dynamic worked. Apparently something went wrong when they were transformed or while saving them as new tray file. So, I cloned both of them to create them as fresh sims but not lose any CAS process. That worked like a charm. Seems like this specific version of this specific household bugged out for some reason.
Message 5 of 5 (724 Views)