by jsophiak

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [GRO] Cant Invite certain Sim to Stay Over Event

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.92.145.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Almost all of them minus 2 kits - also, my game version is the latest one (update from 2-3 days ago for the tooth bug), but I'm not currently at my computer so I don't know the number
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Attempt to start a stay over event
What happens when the bug occurs? Mom isn't listed as an option - ever. But, if I open calendar through her husband, he can invite her. Her relationship with her mom is very good and they have a supportive dynamic.
What do you expect to see? All known relationships to be available for invitation/selection - but especially significant relationships.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Mom isn't listed as an option - ever. But, if I open calendar through her husband, he can invite her. Her relationship with her mom is very good and they have a supportive dynamic. I have tried at various times of the day, different days, while mom is on lot, while mom is off lot, etc. Mom & dad are in a different household than she is. Dad, brother, and a bunch of others show up as options, but mom doesn't for her.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 17 (4,677 Views)

Re: Cant Invite Parent to Stay Over Event

Hero
@jsophiak All issues in the bug forum must be tested on a vanilla game.

Moving this to game issues for now until verified on a game with no mods/cc (by either yourself or someone else).

To verify on a vanilla game, move your mods folder to the desktop and delete the following files from the user folder

- localthumbcache
- Any lastException Files
- Any LastCrash files.

Test a backup of your save as you will loose all cc on the save and see if the same error occurs, then report back.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 17 (4,641 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Tested without cc/mods. Issue still occurs - which doesn't surprise me since I've seen a few content creators that haven't been using mods have the same issue.
Message 3 of 17 (4,627 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@jsophiak Did you see this in other families as well with other Sims or just this specific Sim ?

If it's just this Sim, can you give some details on her ? Job ? Traits ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 17 (4,617 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict I haven't tried with other households yet. I will give that a try - hopefully later today. As for her: she is a stay at home mom (because it turns out infants are a lot of work haha), traits: active, loves outdoors, family oriented, cheerful, perfectionist (cheerful and perfectionist were part of the self discovery system)
Message 5 of 17 (4,603 Views)

sims boyfriend can´t stay over

★★★★★ Newbie

so with all the staying over thing, I want my teenage sims bf to stay over but he doesn't appear on the menu, only her close friends and family that moved out. i do have mods mostly cc, all the mods are updated so idk what could be causing the issue unless it's not possible from the game. replies are appreciated and hopefully, someone else also has the same problem.

Message 6 of 17 (4,580 Views)

Re: sims boyfriend can´t stay over

Hero
@funnylolhaha I merged this with the bug report.

Can you share some details about the BF ? Traits, career ? Other info ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 17 (4,554 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict checked with other households, and each household is missing several people as options that are in their relationship panel. Sometimes a significant relation is missing (e.g., parent) but sometimes it's someone that they barely know. I did notice that the background households (the households I don't really play but have set up for story purposes) don't have as many sims missing - but they also don't have many relationships, because I don't play with them.
Message 8 of 17 (4,513 Views)

Re: [GRO] Cant Invite certain Sim to Stay Over Event

★ Novice
@jsophiak Im having the same issue as well! I can have other random sims stay over but my sim cant have her bf stay over as he doesnt even come up as an option.. not sure whats going on Frown
Message 9 of 17 (4,481 Views)

Re: sims boyfriend can´t stay over

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

@crinrict  he's a teenager, genius, and romantic similar to my active sim. they get along really well and they are dating. I tried again but I had to do a slumber party and since it only lasts 12 hours was not the same. hopefully is a bug that can be fixed Frown(

Message 10 of 17 (4,460 Views)