[GRO] Adding Sim into Household that is Staying Over Elsewhere Deletes Added Sim

by Lumiasta

Original Post

[GRO] Adding Sim into Household that is Staying Over Elsewhere Deletes Added Sim

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.97.62.1020 (64 Bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim visit your played household as a stay-over-guest. While this is going on, go to Manage Households and move a sim from the played household into the stay-over-guest's household.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game warns you that the stay-over will end, which is fine. What is not fine is that the transferred sim from the originally played household is deleted.
What do you expect to see? The stay-over ending is expected, but the sim that was moved over in Manage Households should still exist and now live in the guest's household.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I realize this is a very specific uncommon chain of events and situations, but the result was drastic enough that I figured I should mention it here. This is my 100 baby challenge save, so the main played household is big. I had recently split them from the previous matriarch who now lived alone on a farm. For some reason the cow from the farm was stuck in one of the teen's inventories, and I had no desire to keep it in the new lot, but couldn't set her in her old barn since the teen did not live in the farm anymore, so decided to move the teen back with the previous matriarch as soon as she ages up.

Then the matriarch came over for a stay-over visit, is just hanging out, as you do. The teen with stuck cow ages to young adult. I go to Manage Households, move her to the ex-matriarch's household, game tells me this will end the stay-over, I click yes, and the now-young-adult with stuck cow vanishes. 

I logged the ex-matriarch on, still household of one. I search with SimsInfo and the young adult's name, nothing found. Just gone. 

I have no idea if this is repeatable at all, or if it was some weird cow-induced combination of things, but as said, wanted to let you guys know, just in case. 

Edit: I loaded, ended the stay-over from calendar, then moved the young adult into the ex-matriarch's household and now everything worked as intended. So definitely related to the manage household when the said household is elsewhere on a stay-over. 

Edit 2: Poor cow still stuck in inventory. Her old shed recognizes that she's in the sim's inventory, but her portrait stays grayed out.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title to fit. Please add pack tags yourself. Thank you

Message 1 of 1 (545 Views)