by PipMenace

Original Post

Flower Arranging skill with Seasons Disabled

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.88.228.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Batuu, but only Outdoor Retreat and the Little Campers Kit are enabled.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have Seasons installed, but disabled via the launch options. Have a Sim start manicuring a bonsai tree. Unknown whether you need to have Seasons installed, or if the base game uses the flower arranging skill for the bonsai tree even if you haven't purchased Seasons.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sim will gain flower arranging skill instead of gardening from manicuring the bonsai.
What do you expect to see? If Seasons isn't enabled/installed, Sims should gain gardening skill from manicuring a bonsai.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Again, this is coming up when I have Seasons purchased/installed, but disabled through the launch options. I don't know if this happens if you don't have Seasons purchased/installed at all. As you can see in my screenshot, I clearly don't have Seasons enabled (no weather on the bottom UI, and version numbers only list Outdoor Retreat and the Little Campers Kit.) The tooltip for flower arranging only lists the "Violets are Blue Flower Arranging Table" for leveling the skill, though I know they made the bonsais level it too. However, since this is a Seasons-specific skill, it shouldn't be able to be gained with Seasons disabled. I don't know if this is a bug, or if they actually added the flower arranging skill to the base game--and if they did, why the flower arranging table isn't available for purchase and/or the tooltip isn't updated to list the bonsai for leveling the skill.

Edit By Crinrict: No changes, just fixing template.

Message 1 of 8 (4,113 Views)

Re: Flower Arranging skill with Seasons Disabled

Champion

I don't remember ever seeing it for the bonsai, but I have on several occasions received the flower arranging skill from the soul stuff the ghosts leave behind in the Paranormal Stuff Pack. I don't own Seasons.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 2 of 8 (4,006 Views)

★★★ Pro

Its simple to reproduce just disable all packs and play just base game.

Buy a bonsai tree and you got flower arranging + gardening skill if you use it. It is a feature or a bug? Or maybe advertising for seasons? Who knows!

Message 3 of 8 (3,980 Views)

Re: jungle adventure/gettowork

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I've recently purchased the island living and just noticed I gained flower arranging skill from pruning the bonsai. I don't have seasons so not quite sure why it came up in the notifications feed or why it even gave me the skills instead of gardening skills 

Message 4 of 8 (3,839 Views)

Re: jungle adventure/gettowork

Hero
@nicolab2204 I moved your post over to the bug report for this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 8 (3,821 Views)

Champion

So I said almost a year ago that I was only seeing flower arranging coming from Paranormal, not the bonsai. That was around the time I purchased Werewolves; I don't remember if it was before or after. Since then I've added City Living, Kids Room Stuff, and the Desert Luxe Kit. I still don't own Seasons. I'm now seeing my Sims gain flower arranging from the bonsai.

She/Her
Message 6 of 8 (2,489 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

the bonsi try gives our sims the wrong skill it gives flower arranging even though it should give gardening as the tag suggests

Message 7 of 8 (2,457 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

With the updates to the skill gain, this is now even more obvious. I don't own Seasons.

Screen Shot 2023-03-15 at 12.11.25 PM.png

I've also started getting a notification now:

Screen Shot 2023-03-15 at 12.09.39 PM.png

She/Her
Message 8 of 8 (1,875 Views)