[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4

Platform: Xbox series s 

Which language are you playing the game in?: English 

How often does the bug occur?: Every time my Sims try to cook 

What is your current game version number?: 1.81.2.2300

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed?: 

- Horse Ranch, growing together, high school years, cottage living, eco lifestyle, discover university, island living, seasons, cats & dogs, city living, get together, get to work, werewolves, dream home decorator, realm of magic, strangerville, parenthood, vampires, dine out, outdoor retreat, tiny living, laundry day,

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?: Try cooking on console with a controller

What happens when the bug occurs?: You are unable to access the different cooking options 

What do you expect to see?: To be able to use the new cooking options 

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods?: No

Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?: Yes. Patch released 26/9/23

Please describe the patch or change you made.: Patch released on 26/9/23

I cannot filter through the different categories of foods in the new recipe update on Xbox. Frown

[CM Edit: Title update]

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 24 (5,173 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: PS4

Hero

While cooking, the shoulder buttons (PlayStation - L1/R1, Xbox - LB/RB) will switch between recipe filters as expected.

Fixed in Patch 1.102.190/1.82

Please create a new thread if you're still experiencing this issue,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 24 of 24 (1,773 Views)

All Replies

Re: Recipe UI update

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Happening on PS5 as well. It lets me switch to the vegetarian category sometimes, but then I get stuck there and have to close the menu and reopen.

Message 2 of 24 (5,129 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @Roo971 

I've moved this post over to the bug reports section, can you please fill this template out and edit your post with this information?

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:
Which language are you playing the game in?:
How often does the bug occur?:
What is your current game version number?:
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?:
What happens when the bug occurs?:
What do you expect to see?:
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods?:
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?:
Please describe the patch or change you made.:

solaire.png

Message 3 of 24 (5,106 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4

Platform: Xbox series s 

How often does the bug occur?: Every time my Sims try to cook 

What is your current game version number?: 1.81.2.2300

- Horse Ranch, growing together, high school years, cottage living, eco lifestyle, discover university, island living, seasons, cats & dogs, city living, get together, get to work, werewolves, dream home decorator, realm of magic, strangerville, parenthood, vampires, dine out, outdoor retreat, tiny living, laundry day,

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?: Try cooking on console with a controller

What happens when the bug occurs?: You are unable to access the different cooking options 

What do you expect to see?: To be able to use the new cooking options 

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods?: No

Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?: Yes. Patch released 26/9/23

Please describe the patch or change you made.: Patch released on 26/9/23

Message 4 of 24 (5,084 Views)

Cook food selection update doesnt work

★★★★★ Novice

Playstation 5 player here. The food category option in today's update is not accessible. The category options can not be clicked on or tabbed over to. 

Message 5 of 24 (4,340 Views)

Champion
@chauncy913 How did you get to the vegetarian category? I can't figure out how to reach the filter tabs at all on PS4.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 6 of 24 (4,814 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I ran a test here. the problem appears to be the sorting bar. We can choose food categories with RB and LB, or toggle fresh ingredients with X. But if you scroll or select the sort bar, everything freezes and no other choices in different categories can be made.

Message 7 of 24 (4,794 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: ps4
How often does the bug occur?: every time the cook menu is opened
What is your current game version number?: 1.81
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed?: all except horse ranch, my wedding stories, journey to batuu, basement treasures, greenhouse haven, carnival streetwear, modern menswear, fashion street, courtyard oasis, bust the dust
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?: select cook on a fridge or oven, then press all and any combination of buttons on a console controller and see that there is no possible combination that will allow you to navigate the new changes (vegetarian, lactose etc recipes)
What happens when the bug occurs?: nothing, the action doesn’t work as intended
What do you expect to see?: I expect to be able to navigate the menu properly 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods?: no I play on ps4 
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?: yes it is directly affected by the latest patch that implemented this update
Please describe the patch or change you made.: the patch introduced a new navigation menu to access various types of recipes to cook, I assume that given the rest of the UI for Sims the L1 and R1 buttons would be used to navigate the top recipe filter but no button combination works

Message 8 of 24 (4,532 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

ETA: have tried with a different stove and that works but all fridges seem to not respond to L1/R1 navigation but stoves do 

Message 9 of 24 (4,371 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Solaire Same thing happening to me on Xbox Series S
Message 10 of 24 (4,273 Views)