Controller buttons stop working after CAS

by xjodielaura

Original Post

Re: [PS4] Can't Raise or Lower Walls Patch 1.39

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@FinalBossNyuma You will have to accept the user agreement and redo all your universal game settings. It's not related to your saves.

Message 11 of 372 (5,160 Views)

★ Guide
@PoptartJuniper Ah I see, I’ll consider trying it sometime to see if it address other issues that I’ve had with build mode. Thank you for answering!
Message 12 of 372 (5,155 Views)

Controller buttons stop working after CAS

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.39
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except bust the dust kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into CAS, either from a household or from neighbourhood
What happens when the bug occurs? Once I come out of CAS and back into a household I cannot use the arrow buttons to move to different floors of my house or select different household members
What do you expect to see? The buttons should work as normal
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I installed the most recent sims 4 patch

Upon exiting CAS and entering a household I cannot use arrow buttons to select household members or select different floors of my house. The only way to fix it is to completely restart my game. 

The arrow buttons work perfectly fine while in menus and neighbourhoods so its not a controller issue 

Message 13 of 372 (5,200 Views)

Sims4- Can’t go upstairs or toggle between floors in restaurants

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? The latest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Vampires, get famous, get together, dogs and cats, parenthood,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into a restaurant you don’t own
What happens when the bug occurs? I can’t toggle the walls or floors in a restaurant I don’t own, and I can’t walk up stairs in the restaurant
What do you expect to see? To be able to toggle up to the second floor and walk up the stairs
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Yup

Message 14 of 372 (5,169 Views)

Re: Controller buttons stop working after CAS

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@xjodielaura Can you please try deleting the User Data. Reboot your system afterwards.

1. Go to Settings > Application Saved Data Management > Saved Data in System Storage > Delete.
2. Select a game or application.
3. Set check marks beside the data you wish to delete or Select All.
4. Select Delete > then OK to confirm your decision.

Message 15 of 372 (5,157 Views)

Re: Sims4- Can’t go upstairs or toggle between floors in restaurants

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@LTWMonkey For the floor toggle, can you please try to delete you Userdata file in your saves folder. Reboot your system afterwards. 

The stair issue is covered here Open Stair Causes Routing Issue 

1. On Home, select My games & apps.
  2. Highlight the game, press the Menu button on your controller, then select Manage game & add-ons.
  3. Highlight Saved data, select your gamertag, and then select the file and Delete everywhere to delete all saves (local and cloud) for this game to clear corrupted data
  4. Restart your console.
Message 16 of 372 (5,165 Views)

Re: Controller buttons stop working after CAS

★ Guide
@xjodielaura Aside from the functions that you say no longer worked upon exiting CAS, were you still able to do simple, one-click actions with the X button, or tab down to the lower menus such as the phone with the rectangular Touch button? Do you remember if you were capable of doing something like travelling to a new lot, for example, if you’d wanted to do so?
Message 17 of 372 (5,149 Views)

Re: Sims4- Can’t go upstairs or toggle between floors in restaurants

★ Guide
@LTWMonkey Random question! Did you happen to go into CAS or any other separate game screen/menu at any point shortly before visiting the restaurant?
Message 18 of 372 (5,141 Views)

★ Guide
@Pagankm18 @lucy3963 Out of curiosity, have either of you guys played again since this problem went away? If so, has this issue returned for you? I’ve noticed a trend in console players who say that they’re having issues toggling between floors, etc., & have seen one person say that restarting their game makes it go away. I’m beginning to wonder if this is a new, reoccurring issue that goes away upon reloading the game.
Message 19 of 372 (5,145 Views)

Can’t go up or down freely

★★★ Newbie

Hi i can’t get my dpad to so go up or down in live mode on Xbox one can someone please help me

Message 20 of 372 (4,816 Views)