by ohsht013

Original Post

[FIXED] Wants/Fears toggle stops working after travelling

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? New Game -> Create a Sim -> Start Game with Sim -> After loading Game Option -> Gameplay -> Show Wants and Fears -> Toggle it off -> Apply Changes -> Close Menu -> Manage Worlds -> Load Household again -> Wants and Fears are back with disabled toggle
What happens when the bug occurs? Wants and Fears are active with disable in gameplay
What do you expect to see? No wants and fear if I toggle it off and load a household
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Screenshot Broken shows that wants & fears are active, but i toggle it off. Now you need every time to retoggle this setting if you load a household.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted title, added tag. Merged a few post with about 10 me toos extra

Message 2 of 207 (27,477 Views)

show wants & fears button broken?

★★★★★ Guide

anyone have this issue? I turn off wants and fears and played for a while, save log out came back later only to find its showing again. I have to re-click the want and fear button only to show back up again after save and logged out then reload game

Message 1 of 207 (27,337 Views)

Wants & Fears reappear despite being disabled

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Vampires, Get to Work
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start from a saved game. If you've disabled Wants & Needs previously, they will still appear over your Sim's portrait despite being disabled. This happens when you start a new game, edit a household in CAS, go to Manage Worlds, or pick up from where you last left off on a given save file.
What happens when the bug occurs? Wants & Needs still appear despite being disabled in Gameplay options. One must re-enable Wants & Needs, hit Apply, then disable and hit Apply again for them to disappear. They stay gone until you go to CAS/Manage Worlds/start from your last save.
What do you expect to see? I expect that Wants & Needs stay gone when I've disabled them. I don't expect to have them re-appear each time I go to CAS/Manage Worlds/start from my last save file. This happens whether or not I've got Custom Content/mods added.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I got the latest patch (August 2nd hotfix for rapid aging/inappropriate family relationships).

I pretty much explained what the problem is. Wants & Needs re-appear above my Sims' portraits even though I've got them disabled. It shows in Game Options > Gameplay that they are disabled, yet they're still there. I have to check "Show Wants & Fears," hit Apply, then disable Wants & Fears and hit Apply again. It's only a temporary fix; if I go to CAS, Manage Worlds, or restart my game/go to the main menu, they show up again as if they're enabled. It's the same thing each time.

Message 3 of 207 (27,417 Views)

Re: show wants & fears button broken?

★★★ Newbie
@LadyDarkSorrow My spouse has exactly the same issues.
Message 4 of 207 (27,289 Views)

Re: Wants and fears are not turning off properly when disabled in settings

★★★ Newbie
@crinrict I have done the above and it still has them listed and my sims still getting angry.
Message 5 of 207 (27,554 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I've had this problem too in the sense that I started off with wants and fears on, decided they were annoying (lol) and then turned them off. But now even though they are turned off in settings, my sims are still gaining them and being affected by them!

Message 6 of 207 (27,536 Views)

★★★ Newbie

SAME

Message 7 of 207 (27,515 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I have this issue too. Turned off fears and wants and it was fine. Then the patch to the patch came yesterday and now it keeps turning it back on, even though under game options it says the function is turned off (box is unchecked). Have to check the box, uncheck it again, and then it works. For like an hour, and then my Sims have wants and fears again.

Message 8 of 207 (27,508 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@LadyDarkSorrow Same...I have the bug where fear of the dark moodlets keep showing up, even after my sim has overcome the fear, and turning off wants/fears doesn't seem to help. But even with the box unchecked and wants/fears "turned off, I'm now getting bubbles again.
Message 9 of 207 (27,268 Views)

★ Guide

Is it showing under the simology panel? I'm finding that, even if resolved, sometimes it is still on there.

Message 10 of 207 (27,259 Views)