Re: Vampires and Energy Bug

by Aveliexa

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [V] Vampires still have human needs

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Hi everyone! I do have CC in my game, but I tested the game without CC and the glitch still happened, so please don’t ask me if CC is the problem. I have done enough testing in my day to know. However, I would like to ask around and see if anyone else is having this problem. 

(Btw I think Vampires is the most well-done expansion pack so far, so congrats and great job on all the hard work!)

I am loving the game, but there is one glitch that is really getting on my nerves. So, my vampires have an energy bar, but no matter how full the energy bar is, they are tired and falling asleep all over the place. They also have a moodlet saying they are so incredibly tired! I can’t tell when they will get tired, as their energy bars are obviously not matching up with whatever their ‘true feelings’ are, if you will lol 

Is anyone else having this problem? 

Message 4 of 101 (13,175 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [V] Vampires still have human needs

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi there! I had this problem as well, it was starting to drive me crazy! I did a little research and found a couple cheat codes that have permanently fixed my issue. My Sim is now functioning as a normal Vampire (no human needs). 

1. You will have to enable cheat mode in your game. Press  shift+ctrl+c   (this will cause a pop up text bar to appear in the top left corner of the screen.

2. copy and past the first code into the text bar:   traits.remove_trait trait_OccultVampire   (this will instantly turn your Sim into a human) 

3. copy and paste the second code into the text bar:   traits.equip_trait trait_OccultVampire  (this will instantly turn your Sim back into a vampire) you will remain at the rank you were previously at and you will keep all of your Vampiric Power Points.

4. Once your Sim returns to the Vampire state, your needs will be corrected and you will no longer have human moodlets!

Hope this helps guys! 

View in thread

Message 79 of 101 (10,176 Views)

All Replies

Vampire Dies from Starvation

★★★ Novice

So I'm playing with my vampire like normal and everything is fine UNTIL, this hunger moodlet shows up that goes away when she eats normal food. My sim doesn't have a hunger need and throws up for almost 2 hours after eating half a plate of food. All of her needs are full; it's like she has invisible needs that aren't really there. I tried repairing the game and it re-downloaded all the packs as well. I reported this problem to EA and awaiting a response. Is no one else having this problem? I didn't want my vampire sim to eat normal food at all but she WILL starve to death as seen in this pic. Has anyone found a compromise?

Message 1 of 101 (12,826 Views)

Re: Vampire Dies from Starvation

Hero

Are you using mods/cc in your game ?  If so, please remove them

See this for more information: [PLEASE READ] Usage of Mods and Custom Content

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 101 (12,816 Views)

★★★ Novice
I'm going to remove them today after work I'll say if it works or not. Going to another household doesn't work cause every vampire in my game is becoming hungry!!!! (And throwing up)
Message 3 of 101 (12,806 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hi there! I am having this problem, not with food, but with energy. It’s like the energy bar does not match up to the real energy need. Hope we figure it out!

Message 5 of 101 (12,800 Views)

Hero

Is this a fresh or existing game ?

Turned Vampire or created in CAS ?

Could you try a new save to see if you have the same issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 101 (13,010 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hi! It is both for a turned vampire and a CAS vampire. 

I tried starting a new game and still have the issue. Though it was an existing game to start with. 

Thank you!

Message 7 of 101 (12,994 Views)

★ Guide

I'm also having this problem, and my vampire is one that was turned from human in an existing game.  I'm going to try making a new vampire in a brand new game to see if I have the same problem with a brand new game as well.  Also the potion for the sleep replacement gets rid of the exhausted buff, so it seems to me almost as if there's a phantom energy sim bar that is still registering that they're tired from lack of sleep.

Message 8 of 101 (12,985 Views)

Hero

@sweetbriarpoet wrote:

Hi! It is both for a turned vampire and a CAS vampire. 

I tried starting a new game and still have the issue. Though it was an existing game to start with. 

Thank you!

Willing to share your save game ?

If so, please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves and drop the file to this Mediafire-Link to upload.

Please make sure to name the zip file with your user name.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 101 (12,974 Views)

★ Guide

I tried to upload the save file on that mediafile you linked, never done it before though so not sure if I did it right.

Message 10 of 101 (12,971 Views)