Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [V] 'Compel Deep Drink' action icon won't clear the action queue

[ Edited ]
Champion

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.46.18.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Vampire compel another Sim for a Deep Drink and then complete the action.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Vampire will not be hungry and will get experience points, but after they are finished drinking, the action icon in the action queue won't disappear! You can try to "X" it out but it remains. The only way to get rid of it is to travel to a different lot or to exit out of the game or to the Main Menu.
What do you expect to see? I expect the action queue to be clear of an action that has been completed, like it is for when my Vampires "Compel for a Small Drink" or when they ask for permission.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'm not sure if this was always present or if it happened after a patch, Wondering but it has been going on for over a year.  Since it was just a nuisance, and not affecting my gameplay I have tried to ignore it.  It is most problematic if I'm playing for a long time and haven't left my lot or the area surrounding it, as the action icons begin to stack up in the queue.  But going any where that requires a loading screen will clear the queue, as will returning to the Main Menu or exiting the game and then starting it again. I don't' seem to have this problem if I ask for permission to drink or if I compel for a small drink -- it only seems to happen on the deep drink, where it happens 100% of the time! 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 1 of 9 (5,721 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [V] "Compel Deep Drink" action icon won't clear the action

Hero

• Vampire Sims will no longer be forever Compelled for a Deep Drink. As much as that sometimes might be what Vampire Sims would be compelled to do, they don’t have to. So it is not something that they probably want to have in their interaction queue forever and all time. Forever is a long time...

Fixed in Patch 1.74.59/ 1.41

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 9 of 9 (3,109 Views)

All Replies

Re: Vampire's "Compel for a Deep Drink" action icon won't clear the ac

Hero

Sounds similar to the issues reported here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Garbage-Commands-and-Llama-Icons-Stuck-in-Queue/td-p/6460...

Do you have this with any other commands too ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (5,633 Views)

★★★★ Pro
I can 100 % confirm this bug. I think it doesn't happen with any other interaction at the moment.
Message 3 of 9 (5,613 Views)

Champion

@crinrict, I have a bit of an update -- sometimes this also happens with the "Compel for a Small Drink" too, but never if I try to ask permission first!  Usually when I ask for permission and am declined, I will have my Sim go ahead and Compel for a Small Drink.  So I never realized that both of the "Compel" commands have the same problem of their actions not being cleared from the queue when they are completed.  OopsEmbarrassed  Sorry for the mistake! 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 9 (5,569 Views)

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 9 (5,550 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

The only time I've seen this is if I'm currently in a conversation with the target sim when I compel them for a drink.

Message 6 of 9 (5,442 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [V] "Compel Deep Drink" action icon won't clear the

★★★ Apprentice

This happens about 75% of the time with my vampires.  I also had the action fail until I reset sim.  

Message 7 of 9 (5,425 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I've seen this happening since 2017... I just shift-click and reset my sim. Easy fix outside original posters "travel" solution. 

Message 8 of 9 (4,323 Views)

Hero

• Vampire Sims will no longer be forever Compelled for a Deep Drink. As much as that sometimes might be what Vampire Sims would be compelled to do, they don’t have to. So it is not something that they probably want to have in their interaction queue forever and all time. Forever is a long time...

Fixed in Patch 1.74.59/ 1.41

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (3,110 Views)