Re: [14-10-2023] 'Upstream Service Not Available' Error in EA app for Steam game

by EA_Leeuw

Original Post

ERROR EA FC 24 STEAM

★ Novice

{"error":"UPSTREAM_SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE","error_description":"UPSTREAM SERVICE UNAVAILABLE","code":106133}

Message 31 of 69 (2,088 Views)

Re: [14-10-2023] 'Upstream Service Not Available' Error in EA app for Steam game

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Issue Resolved. Accepting as solution for visibility purposes.

Update 17 Oct. 2023:

It has been discovered that the issue was caused by a problem with some services related to Steam, which have since been resolved over the weekend/yesterday afternoon (as the issue reoccurred). We will now mark the thread as Resolved/Fixed and close it for new replies. If you encounter the issue again in the future, please create a new thread and mention this one.

Hi everyone, 

It looks like there's an emerging issue that is impacting some players who are trying to launch EA games via Steam, which results in the error 'Upstream Service Not Available' in the EA app.

!Please share an EA app Error Reporter ID if the below-posted steps don't work!

👉 If these steps haven't fixed it for you, please generate an EA app Error Reporter ID and share it here in the thread. 👈

In many cases, this issue can be fixed by performing some troubleshooting steps, like the following:

• Switching between Steam Offline and Online modes:
    • Switching Steam into 'Offline mode' > fully closing Steam (make sure that it's not running anymore) > opening Steam again and putting it back in 'Online mode'
  • Clearing the cache of the EA app: EA app Reovery (Top Left Menu > Help > App Recovery
  • Ensure that your EA and Steam accounts are linked: https://help.ea.com/help/pc/link-ea-and-steam/
  • Repair/Verify your game based on which client you are launching from
    • Steam Verify in your library

Thank you!

EA_LeeuwAHQ

For the English Answers HQ forums:
  • Having trouble with your EA account? Post on the EA Services – General Questions board, NOT the EA app boards.
  • Want to chat about the EA app, share feedback, report bugs, or get help with technical issues? Head over here.
Message 32 of 69 (4,939 Views)

battlefield 5 is not launcing

★★★ Newbie

this is the error i keep getting

{"error":"UPSTREAM_SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE","error_description":"UPSTREAM SERVICE UNAVAILABLE","code":106133}

Message 33 of 69 (2,090 Views)

★★★ Newbie

same error !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 34 of 69 (2,103 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Same here. :/ {"error":"UPSTREAM_SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE","error_description":"UPSTREAM SERVICE UNAVAILABLE","code":106133}

Message 35 of 69 (2,056 Views)

{"error":"UPSTREAM_SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE","error_description":"UPSTREAM SERVICE UN

★★★ Newbie

Message 36 of 69 (2,008 Views)

★★ Novice

Same problem

Message 37 of 69 (2,046 Views)

how to fix "UPSTREAM SERVICE UNAVAILABLE","code":106133}

★★★ Newbie

So i bougt BF2042 because it was on sale and i downloaded the game, i installed ea app, and when i try to launch the game, "UPSTREAM SERVICE UNAVAILABLE","code":106133} keeps popping up. I am slowly going insane because no matter what i do nothing is working. BTW i bought the game on steam, steam is connected to the ea app but still, "UPSTREAM SERVICE UNAVAILABLE","code":106133} keeps showing up. please help.

Message 38 of 69 (2,022 Views)

upstream service unavailable

★★★ Newbie

Message 39 of 69 (2,022 Views)

★★★ Newbie

{"error":"UPSTREAM_SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE","error_description":"UPSTREAM SERVICE UNAVAILABLE","code":106133} what do I do

Message 40 of 69 (1,982 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help