[FIXED] Toddlers doesn't want to stay in a high chair (Patch 1.63.136)

by Maysbat

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Toddlers doesn't want to stay in a high chair (Patch 1.63.136)

★★★ Novice

I am having this issue if you try to put a toddler in the high chair while it is a thunderstorm outside, the moment when the adult put the toddler in the chair it counts as the toddler is outside which triggers the "run inside" actions sims often get when they are outside during a thunderstorm, this makes the baby wanna get out from the chair immideatly to get on the floor and "run inside" even if it is already inside.

Message 21 of 26 (1,083 Views)

Re: Toddlers doesn't want to stay in a high chair

Champion
@PriestessAvenara That makes sense. No, I don't have parenthood - thanks for the explanation!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 22 of 26 (1,061 Views)

Toddlers will immediatelly ask another sim to pick them up from the high chair

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place a toddler in high chair and wait.
What happens when the bug occurs? Toddler will ask any other teen /up sim on the lot to remove them from the high chair
What do you expect to see? Toddlers sitting in the high chair for atleast a little bit before asking to be let out.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This is a really old bug, but I didn't see a thread related to it, so thought I'd report it.

I like to give toddlers servings of the food the rest of the family is eating, however if you place a toddler in a high chair with no food present in it, the toddler will immediatelly call any other sim to pick them up. Causes incredible frustration. That's why I never use the high chair anymore.

Message 23 of 26 (978 Views)

Re: Toddlers will immediatelly ask another sim to pick them up from the high cha

★★★★★ Novice

I am having the same problem. Its soooo frustrating. I recently had mom home with 2 toddlers, both in their high chairs. Dad wasn't even home. He was visiting other sims in a completely different lot. But one of the toddlers got a wild hair about wanting out of the stupid stupid high chair and yelled for dad, who immediately dropped everything he was doing to rush home and take the little buggar out of his high chair. omg.  This is such an old bug. I don't understand why they can't and don't fix this. There is absolutely no need for a toddler's wild hair demand to supersede every other thing that is going on anywhere around him.  

Message 24 of 26 (825 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Toddlers doesn't want to stay in a high chair (Patch 1.63.136)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I am currently having this issue. Toddlers will immediately asks to be taken out of high chairs after being put down. I find it very frustrating as it is taking a long time to put a toddler to high chair and eat their meal properly. I only have Base Game and Desert Luxe Free Kit.

Message 25 of 26 (753 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Toddlers doesn't want to stay in a high chair (Patch 1.63.136)

Hero

Toddlers are more likely to be content in their high chairs when their needs are taken care of. They may however continue to ask to be removed from the chair if left alone for too long, or another Sim checks on them

Fixed in Patch 1.96.365/1.71

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 26 of 26 (2,731 Views)