[FIXED] Toddlers can't be put to bed/read to sleep

by shadedgrey63

Original Post

Adults cannot read toddlers to sleep/put toddlers to sleep

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.93.129.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? High School, Cottage, Snowy Escape, Eco Life, University, Get Famous, City Living, Seasons, Get Together, Get to Work; Werewolves, Home Decorator, Weddings, Magic, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Spa Day; Nifty Knitting, Tiny Living, and Toddler Stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Adults cannot put toddlers to sleep in the toddler beds. Adults cannot read toddlers to sleep in the toddler beds. The adults will act like they cannot reach the bed, although the toddler can get into the bed by themselves.
What happens when the bug occurs? The adults will act like the bed is inaccessible, even though the toddlers can get into the bed by themselves.
What do you expect to see? I expect the adults to be able to pick up the toddler, put them in the bed, and read them to slep, or just be able to put them on the bed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. just downloaded PC: 1.93.129.1030. did not have an issue before i downloaded the latest update.

Adults cannot put toddlers to sleep in the toddler beds. Adults cannot read toddlers to sleep in the toddler beds. The adults will act like they cannot reach the bed, although the toddler can get into the bed by themselves.

Message 71 of 101 (1,059 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Toddlers can't be put to bed/read to sleep

★★★★ Novice

I'm having a similar problem. I don't have the toddler bed against the wall, but my sims still can't read their toddlers to sleep. I have to pick up the toddler and place them in their bedroom before the interaction will work. Even then the sim will stand by the toddler bed and then reach to pick the toddler up no matter where they are in the room. It's very awkward and ruining one of my favorite animations.

Message 72 of 101 (1,000 Views)

Champion

So... new variation on the problem. Right after HSY released, I couldn't get my Sim to put the toddler to bed or read the toddler to sleep unless both were already in the toddler's room. I did have one glitch where the adult Sim walked upstairs, forgetting the toddler, then went back down to get them and actually put them to bed, but I assumed this was because during testing I hadn't actually made a room for the toddler bed, just had Sims at bottom of stairs and bed at top.

However today - after a game repair and a reset of my Sims folder for unrelated reasons - I told an elder Sim to read her toddler grandson to sleep before remembering that was broken. But since she didn't immediately give a routing error, instead of canceling I waited to see what would happen. She walked out of the kitchen (away from the toddler who had been right in front of her) out a door and up the stairs, stopping just outside the toddler's room. Then she went back downstairs and actually successfully picked him up, carried him all the way back upstairs and through the doorway to his room, and put him down on the bed. Then she froze with "read to toddler" queued while the toddler (with nothing queued) got back out of bed and walked out of the room and down the hall to the top of the stairs. He didn't yet have the skill level to navigate stairs himself, so not sure if he would have continued if he did. But he froze there a moment, then finally queued "listen to story" and started walking back to his room. Grandma immediately sat down on the bed and started reading. When the toddler finally got there, he tucked himself in under her and then the animation finally proceeded as normal.

So not perfect. But... progress?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 73 of 101 (983 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same, I bought 3 different toddler beds and put them in different positions in the room, and then in a different room, to see if the placement was the issue. Nope! Adults can't read the tots to sleep nor put them in the bed. This animation is like the prime way I teach them imagination. I miss it

Message 74 of 101 (964 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

Still broken in 2022 Frown please let us read to our toddlers again and please provide a update EA! 

Message 75 of 101 (957 Views)

★★★★ Novice

For real... Frown

Message 76 of 101 (890 Views)

★★ Novice

Toddler care is riddled with bugs from high chair to bedtime. High chairs cannot be cleaned. Kids have to ask parents for a drink or they can't get one. Parents do not respond to high chair. Parents can't put kids to bed or read them to sleep. They forget to tuck in. Parents do not respond to child requests for a bath, food or drink. Parents do not potty train when a child asks for help.

Message 77 of 101 (861 Views)

Toddler won't go to bed

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.93.129.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, Cottage Living, Get Famous, Get Together, Seasons, Realm of Magic, StrangerVille
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to read a toddler to sleep or put it to bed
What happens when the bug occurs? Parent sim will say something is in the way, cancel the action, or toddler will continuously keep getting out of bed.
What do you expect to see? The parent sim put the toddler to bed, and they stay asleep until their need is full
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Still occurs with CC disabled.

Message 78 of 101 (885 Views)

Re: Toddler won't go to bed

★★★ Newbie
@AlternativePines The bed was only against one wall, only touching by the head, but moving it half a tile out seems to have worked for now. It looks weird now though because it’s kind of in the middle of the room. Gonna have to do some re-arranging.
Message 79 of 101 (829 Views)

Re: Toddler won't go to bed

★★★ Guide

I encountered the same problem today. My Simin couldn't put the toddler to bed. After some tests I found that it affects all beds. No matter where the beds are and how far apart, she couldn't put the toddler to bed/read her to sleep properly. As already mentioned, the high chair cannot be cleaned also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6COjBqlAuUc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQNYNKfoPRU

Message 80 of 101 (728 Views)