Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Toddlers all look the same/genetics broken

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? current as of 6-14 update
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except the star wars one
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? aging babies to toddlers or creating toddlers in CAS
What happens when the bug occurs? toddler faces are all the same. they seem stuck on the same presets regardless of genetics. eye, skin, and hair color change, but shapes of face, head, nose, mouth, and ears are always the same for each toddler.
What do you expect to see? expect to see toddlers look differently and resemble family members
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. started immediately after updating on june 14, 2022

all info answered above / edited title 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 7 of 96 (41,503 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Toddlers all look the same/genetics broken

Hero

Toddlers were all looking a little too similar to each other. Now, they’ll reflect their parents and account for genetics.

Fixed in Patch 1.94.147/1.68

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 96 of 96 (9,024 Views)

All Replies

Toddlers all look the same

★ Guide

since updating today (6-14), when babies age up to toddlers they all have the exact same facial features. eye color and hair color change, but shape of eyes, nose, mouth, etc doesn’t change. even when playing with genetics in CAS, the toddlers look nothing like their parents and all look the same despite being from different families. 

weirdly, when aged up to child and teen, the sim suddenly looks like they should. anyone else having this toddler glitch? 

Message 1 of 96 (41,557 Views)

Re: Toddlers all look the same

Hero
@corinnadiana Are you using mods/cc in your game ? If so, have you tested without them ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 96 (41,515 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@crinrict no mods or cc and worked without this issue before updating yesterday. 

Message 3 of 96 (41,496 Views)

Hero
@corinnadiana Do you have some pics ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 96 (41,492 Views)

★ Guide

@crinrict attached a few to this post. all toddler facial features remain the same even when playing different families. probably doesn’t look TOO weird to someone who’s not familiar with the families, but it seems like toddler genetics are essentially not working or changing — even when randomizing in CAS. they appear to be “stuck” on the same presets for every toddler. 

Message 5 of 96 (41,482 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@corinnadiana Could you please report this in the bug forum: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

If you're not prompted for the template, please answer these questions:

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:
Which language are you playing the game in? 
How often does the bug occur? 
What is your current game version number? 
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? 
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 
What happens when the bug occurs? 
What do you expect to see? 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods?
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? 

The bug template is currently working on/off but it helps if you are not prompted for the template while editing, please answer the questions anyways.

EDIT: Fixed a typo.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 96 (41,470 Views)

Hero
@corinnadiana Thanks for the bug report. I merged your other thread into this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 96 (41,437 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hey sorry I am completely new to forums but I am having the exact same issue right now! It started since the patch.

Some things I noticed:

- It doesnt affect toddlers who I had already aged up in previous saves.

- but it DOES affect babies from my pre-exisiting saves that I hadn't aged up yet.

- Any toddlers created in CAS have the exact same face as what the OG poster posted as well.

Message 9 of 96 (41,313 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have this issue too. 

After the latest update a toddler was born to my legacy family, when they aged up to Toddler their skin tone and eye colour was wildly different to their parents and they resembled the example pics above.  I don't have any saves/tray files etc to share as I rolled back the save because of this issue

Message 10 of 96 (41,286 Views)