[FIXED] Toddler jittery walk (Patch 1.81/1.49)

by xjodielaura

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Toddler jittery walk (Patch 1.81/1.49)

★★★★ Guide

Still an issue with the latest patch. Mainly when Energized and running inside from a storm. No Mods and CC 

Message 61 of 85 (1,100 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Still an issue with a Latest patch. I am happy to say that them fixing the Sims not running long distant issues has not cause Toddler to jitter walk all the time. Still jitter when Energised and running in from a storm.

Message 62 of 85 (1,016 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

The animation when toddlers are walking still glitching. In my game it seems certain emotions affecting the glitch. Whether the toddler have a low or high movement skill, the glitch still happened.

When Energized,

and Very Sad.

Message 63 of 85 (988 Views)

★ Guide

Yes, energized definitely does it. Sad does not, but very sad does, which is weird. If you click "run here" instead of "go here" while energized, then the glitch seems to not happen. It only happens when walking. In order to make a very sad toddler for testing, just make the toddler angelic and they will get very sad instead of very angry when really hungry and/or really tired.

Message 64 of 85 (980 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I have been Busy the past few weeks but with the Patches that came out that I missed the jitter walk is still an Issue in the latest one. It's the same stuff for me. When they are energized and running in from a storm. But I can also say it can happen when they are Very Sad. If you get a Angelic or clingy Toddler then let the Hunger, Energy, Bladder if level 3 Potty skill, Fun, Social or Hygiene low to get them at least enough Sad Points to very sad then the Jitter Can Happen. The easy way to get them sad without Cheats is to make them Use their Diaper or Nappy enough times so they get the Sad Rash Moodlet and Hygiene down enough. Hope this helps with more information.

Message 65 of 85 (894 Views)

★ Guide

i stopped playing sims 1-2 years ago, inbetween i played to test a scenario when that was added, but didn't continue cause, toddler animation was bugged (toddlers animation is in 'stop motion' not fluen) today i started the game .. still bugged, still not fixed, so i turned it off again.
i think it's kind of established that gameplay is relatively shallow while the game is usually nice looking,but that is not even nice to look at.
Why even play the game when it's not fixed for years.

Message 66 of 85 (839 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Still an issue with the latest patch. Nothing new on the issue. It's the same. When Energized, Running in from a storm and blizzard and when Very sad.

Message 67 of 85 (677 Views)

"Walking animation" for toddlers is constantly reseting.

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Czech
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.94.147.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? During playing the game, in toddler lifestage, when they walk with low Movement skill (usually between 1. - 3. level but it can occur every time)
What happens when the bug occurs? When my toddlers walk, the walking animation always begin to reset itself with each step they're going to make. The walking itself is then very buggy, very slow and very... well, irritating.
What do you expect to see? Smooth and nice walking without any reseting of an animation.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Every time my toddlers walk with low movement skill, their animation is constantly reset.
They take the first step and then ... *Reset animation * *Reset animation * *Reset animation *Small tripping animation * *Reset animation * *Reset animation *... etc. until they come to their destination. (see video)
This happened earlier, but I usually solved myself by leveling up their movement skills, which led to much smoother walking. The problem is basically with animation for lower levels of movement skills. At higher levels, the walk is normal, but that still doesn't mean that it couldn't happen again.
Because even with maximum movement skill, the resetting of animation can still occur.
And when it happens, I have so many tendencies to throw my computer through the window.

Message 68 of 85 (705 Views)

Re: "Walking animation" for toddlers is constantly reseting.

Hero
@ZenBros Your video didn't upload to to be sure, is this what you mean: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Toddler-jittery-walk-Patch-1-81-1-49/m-p/10919821#...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 69 of 85 (683 Views)

Re: "Walking animation" for toddlers is constantly reseting.

★★ Novice

Sorry, I didn't realize that 😅 
But yea... It's basically the same. 
Now that I looked at the thread, I see that it's a very lingering problem.

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 70 of 85 (656 Views)