Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [TSP] Toddler Slide from Significantly Nerfed

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.96.365.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All current EPs, GPs and SPs apart from: Luxury Party Stuff. Vintage Glamour Stuff. All kits installed apart from: Simtimates Collection, Moonlight Chic, Carnaval Streetwear, Modern Menswear. Icheon Arrivals, Courtyard Oasis
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a toddler and YA in CAS, move them into a lot 1. Purchase the toddler slide from buy mode (available with the toddler stuff pack) 2. Have the toddler slide on the slide repeatedly 3. Observe how slowly the movement skill is increasing
What happens when the bug occurs? Toddler slide have very slow movement skill gain
What do you expect to see? Before the infant patch, in a tiny living (64 tile) home with childs play enabled, this slide would be able to finish a toddler's movement skill within 6-8 uses of the slide depending on the toddlers moodlets.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This started happening after the infant update - PC: 1.96.365.1030

I am not sure if this item skill gain was intentional, but is not functioning as it was before the update. 

Perhaps the skill buffs from the tiny living lot and the childs play lot trait are not active for this item? 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 15 (3,179 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [TSP] Toddler Slide from Significantly Nerfed

Hero

Toddlers can once again gain Movement Skill while using slides.

Fixed in Patch 1.97.42/1.73

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 15 of 15 (1,766 Views)

All Replies

Toddler Slide Not Giving Any Skill Gain

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.96.365.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EPs: High School Years, Cottage Living, Snowy Escape, Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work GPs: Werewolves, My Wedding Stories, Dream Home Decorator, Journey to Batuu, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat -Growing together has been preordered but is not in the game yet SPs: Nifty Knitting, Tiny Living, Moschino, My First Pet, Laundry Day, Toddler, Fitness, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Backyard, Kids Room, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Spooky, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio Kits: Bathroom Clutter, Desert Luxe, Little Campers, Blooming Rooms
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place down the slide from Toddler Stuff and have any toddler try to use it
What happens when the bug occurs? No movement skill is gained by using the slide, with or without adult sim help
What do you expect to see? Movement skill increases when toddlers use the slide
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This started after the infant update, 3/14/2023

First noticed this problem on a werewolf toddler, tried restarting the game, and using the slide still didn't give any skill gains to that toddler, so I went to another save and tried with a set of twins who are not occult sims with the same result, no movement skill was gained at all by using the slide- I had my cursor over the skill bar the whole time, didn't change a single percent. 

Message 2 of 15 (3,113 Views)

Re: [TSP] Toddler Slide from Significantly Nerfed

★★★★★ Pro
@ChaniZAEA They nerfed it WAYYY to much it now only does 1% per slide which isnt okay or enough, I hope this is fixed speedliyl
Message 3 of 15 (3,080 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@ChaniZAEA I have this issue too! It was working before the update!
Message 4 of 15 (3,067 Views)

★★★ Novice

Got the same issue.
I've tried both the new lil whalebert toddler slide and the old toddler slide. My toddler isn't gaining any skill from the sliding while it used to gain movement skill quite fast.

Message 5 of 15 (2,858 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I don't think it is just the slide.  I used to be able to easily get all my toddlers to rank 3 potty and rank 5 in everything else, but now I'm struggling to get them all to 4 and one to 5.  It could be the new quirks and family dynamics causing them to be happy or playful less often.

Message 6 of 15 (2,789 Views)

★ Apprentice
@elfinpcc Only place I'm noticing a difference is communication - babble on the blarfy is a bit broken (logged a separate ticket for that)
Message 7 of 15 (2,742 Views)

★ Guide
@elfinpcc I'm with ya on that. The separate issue with the giant stuffed animals doesn't help either cuz I'm having that (where they can't continuously "babble" to it) cuz that was my main way to max their Social skill (or whatever it's called for toddlers).

But yeah I'm like you and could easily get them maxed but now it's a fight to get to 3. My most recent one maxed Imagination but that's cuz he had the trait to help boost it and was always autonomously playing with the dollhouse/toys.
Message 8 of 15 (2,724 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Same issue here. It's more like the movement skill bar doesn't move at all. I've also noticed less skill gain with the ball pit (tsp) and the potty (bg) as well. 

Message 9 of 15 (2,608 Views)

Re: Toddler Slide Not Giving Any Skill Gain

★★★★★ Pro

Hi @EA_Solaire Can you tag this as GRO aswell as the one form the pre-order bonus is effected(affected?) the same way as the toddler stuff one

Message 10 of 15 (2,533 Views)