Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Surviving the Holidays Scenario Completes Before Reqs Met

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.82.99.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansions, all Games Packs except Dream Home Decorator and Journey to Batuu, all Stuff Packs except My First Pet and Luxury Party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start the scenario, move the Sims into a home, have the 2 Sims chat with each other for a short period of time (several interactions), travel with one Sim to a community lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? The scenario ends prematurely despite neither condition being fulfilled. All attempts said the condition "Sims are friends without any negative sentiments." was met.
What do you expect to see? Nothing, as neither condition for completing the scenario had been met.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

In first save I moved the Sims into 6-4-1 Hanamigawa in Mt Komorebi.  They chatted several times and also cooked (cooking is not required to trigger bug though). I had one of the Sims travel to Onsen lot.  Upon arriving at Onsen, the Scenario has been completed by meeting the condition "Sims are friends without any negative sentiments." pops up, despite them being enemies and holding a grudge. This happened twice with these Sims and same locations - time lapsed was 7 hrs and 8 hrs.

In second save, I had the Sims move into Rockridge Springs in Evergreen Harbor. I had one Sim travel to the Quarry Building. Upon arrival, the Scenario completes under same condition as above despite the Sims being enemies, despising each other and having a grudge - time lapse 3 hours.  When I did the second couple, I initially sent one Sim to the Quarry without talking to the roomie.  I did NOT get the Scenario completed message when I did that.  So I returned home, cooked a meal together, chatted, and then traveled back to the Quarry with the original Sim and this time I did get the popup saying the Scenario was completed.  I tried them a second time and tried sending one Sim after only 2 social interactions and the ending of scenario was not triggered.  However, after returning to lot and doing about 4 more social interactions and then going back to Quarry, the scenario completed - this was 2 hours into scenario.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 45 (6,546 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Surviving the Holidays Scenario Completes Before Reqs Met

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Under investigation. Accepting as solution for visibility purposes only.

Hey all,

This issue is being tracked by the Sims Team at the moment, I'll update this thread as I get more information to share.

Update: The underlying cause of this issue is now resolved, at this time we believe the fix will prevent this from recurring in the future. 

EACade

View in thread

Message 24 of 45 (5,818 Views)

All Replies

Re: Surviving the Holidays Scenario Completes Before Reqs Met

★ Apprentice

I forgot to add that the attempted scenarios in OP were in an existing save file where I've been doing all the scenarios.

I just tried the scenario again in a new save file and put them in Willow Creek to try out a base game world and the result was the same - they moved into the home, chatted a few times, hated each other even more after that (lol) and then one Sim went to the park and the scenario completed saying they're friends without any negative sentiments with game time at 2 hours.

Message 2 of 45 (6,532 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am having the same issue and I removed all of my mods, deleted localthumbcache, cleared cache, and repaired my game.

Message 3 of 45 (6,510 Views)

★★ Novice

Was heading to the site to describe the same thing. My scenario was completed when I followed one sim to their police job. I was at two in-game days. Still despised, still enemies, still a grudge.

Message 4 of 45 (6,498 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same thing happened to me. I tried having them go to a different lot together and the scenario didn't complete. It's only when they split up. Having them go everywhere together is a workaround but not a great one.

Message 5 of 45 (6,437 Views)

★ Guide

I sent mine to a community lot together and home together, and when they returned home, the scenario completed. I didn't even have them speak directly to each other, but they were in a group conversation with other people.

Message 6 of 45 (6,413 Views)

Surviving the Holidays autocompletes after exiting to Manage Worlds

★ Novice

PC, latest update (ver 182.99.1030)

CC installed (makeup only)

I didn't get to take a screenshot, but here's what happened.

I have 2 young adult sims living in an apartment in San Myshuno. One of them is in the Social Media career but wasn't getting promoted even after several days of fulfilling the promotion requirement. I looked it up, and one fix was exiting to Manage Worlds and then reloading.

So I did that, but once I opened the household, it immediately gave me the "Scenario Complete" pop-up, even though both of them still have a totally negative relationship and negative sentiments. They do have one positive sentiment (cooking together), not sure if that's relevant.

It's definitely complete, both sims have the additional 5000 reward points.

Message 7 of 45 (6,350 Views)

Re: Surviving the Holidays autocompletes after exiting to Manage Worlds

Hero
@WeTheBats I merged your post with the bug report on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 45 (6,336 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Same thing is happening to me. When another Sim invites my Sim to join them at an event, and then my Sim returns home afterwards, the scenario completes. This happens regardless of whether I accompany her to the event or it's a rabbithole-style event.

The other odd thing I noticed was that when the scenario erroneously completed, the first thing I did was exit to the menu without saving, and then load back into my most recent save (before the event that triggered the completion). However, immediately upon loading in, the scenario would still complete. I had to go to a recovered save even earlier to get the scenario back.

Message 9 of 45 (6,309 Views)

★ Novice

Same exact problem for me. When it happened the first time my game was full of mods so I disabled mods and did a test run: new save, different world, different lot, same problem. Traveling with only one sim seems so complete the scenario.

Message 10 of 45 (6,202 Views)