Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Stuck in Shadow not completing (Patch 1.94) - Au Revoir, Lewis

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.95.207.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except for CAS Kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the Scenario until Au Revoir, Lewis!
What happens when the bug occurs? "Get promoted to Startup Entrepreneur or eSports Gamer" and "Optional: Hack Work Performance" goals get checked but the Scenario does not complete.
What do you expect to see? The Scenario to be completed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The recent patch was supposed to fix this scenario but I still can't complete it.

As stated above, the scenario still doesn't complete after the recent patch! I've tried to complete the scenario in a save with mods, and a save without mods. In neither am I able to complete the scenario, as it always gets stuck after completing the goals in "Au Revoir, Lewis!"

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 22 (6,173 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Stuck in the Shadows scenario still not completing after January patch

[ Edited ]
Hero

Completing the Au Revoir, Lewis! In the Stuck in their Shadow Scenario will progress to the next goal instead of getting stuck. Now, time to go check that mail box.

Fixed in Patch 1.102.190/1.82

Please create a new thread if you're still experiencing this issue,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 22 of 22 (2,287 Views)

All Replies

Re: Stuck in their Shadow still not completing after new patch

Hero
@MariaSimmings Did you start a new save or is that one where it was already stuck ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 22 (6,146 Views)

Re: Stuck in their Shadow still not completing after new patch

★★ Novice

Both are a completely new save! 

Message 3 of 22 (6,145 Views)

Re: Stuck in their Shadow not completing (Patch 1.94.207) - Au Revoir, Lewis

★★★★ Novice

I got the same problem, after patch 1.95.207.1030 but on stage "Team with Lewis" on a pre existing save (already stuck) from October 2022 (or even older). Goals are checked but the Scenario does not continue / complete.

Message 4 of 22 (6,045 Views)

Still Stuck in Their Shadow.. Scenerio not progressing.

★★ Novice

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
What is your current game version number? EP04: 1.assets.live-ep.04.261
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get To Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Island Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Snowy Escape, Cottage Living, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, Vintage Glamour, Toddler
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure
What happens when the bug occurs? I get to the “Au Revoir” chapter, I completed both the required task and the optional task, and nothing progresses. I gave it a couple Sim days and even got another promotion but no new tasks came up.
What do you expect to see? New tasks/the story progressing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I’m using a new save file. I saw elsewhere that moving could potentially get the new tasks to come up.. it didn’t work. I did receive the postcard and read it and clicked “Stop inviting yourself over”, Lewis is still in my option for friends. I’m too impatient to restart the scenario and do it all over again.. 

Message 5 of 22 (5,611 Views)

Re: Still Stuck in Their Shadow.. Scenerio not progressing.

EA Sims Team

Hello All,

If anyone of you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: http://x.ea.com/74420

Thanks!

Message 6 of 22 (5,539 Views)

Stuck at Au revior, Lewis scenario for a while now...

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I completed the requirement at this stage but it does not proceed to the next step. How can I get this fix??

Message 7 of 22 (5,252 Views)

Re: Stuck at Au revior, Lewis scenario for a while now...

Hero
@3zvet1xrz38g Merged your post with the bug report on this.

Could you please send your save to EA.
You can find instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/td-p/606...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 22 (5,236 Views)

Stuck in their Shadow not completing objective

★★★★★ Apprentice

Platform:PC
What is your current game version number? 1.97.62.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except some kits and werewolves
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play through the "Stuck in their Shadow" scenario, and decline teaming up with Lewis.
What happens when the bug occurs? The scenario gets stuck at the "Au Revoir, Lewis" step despite completing the required objectives. This happens every tme, even with restarting or going back to a recovered save and trying the step again.
What do you expect to see? The scenario moves on to the next step so it can be completed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I am having this same issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIXED-Stuck-in-the-shadow-not-completing/m-p/12133983#M237304

And based on the last post in the thread by  @crinrict  I am making a new thread since this is happening after a patch that was supposed to fix it.

I started this scenario after the Infants/Growing Together update, and have not previously played this scenario or any others.

Message 9 of 22 (4,809 Views)

Re: Stuck in their Shadow not completing objective

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm posting this as a reply rather than an edit so that it gets seen:

This never happened in previous play-throughs where I got stuck here. I kept playing for days even thoughi t's been stuck (Nova has had a couple babies in the meantime, who are now infants).

I just moved Nova to San Sequoia, and after a day I noticed there was a new option under the stuck objectives: Get Mail. I clicked that, it said to read a postcard, which I did, and it said "Wait for Lewis". In a previous save I think I had this as a step from a different branch and he never showed up because it got stuck there, too. Well, he did show up in this space outfit and it says to Ask About Career. Here is where I am currently stuck, because there is no option in any of the menus to ask about career. I may have already asked him in the past? Either way, it isn't in any of the menu branches now, so I cannot progress further.

I thought I'd mention this because finally some objectives updated after always being stuck. I did not change anything in my game and as far as I know, there has been no update. 

Edit: I did buy & install a kit, but I don't see how that would change anything gameplay-wise, and I didn't notice any new/updated objective until I moved Nova.

Message 10 of 22 (4,689 Views)