Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Stacked items in inventory cause game crash

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.105.297.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Growing Together, High School Years, Cottage Living, Snowy Escape, Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Dream Home Decorator, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Paranormal, Nifty Knitting, Tiny Living, Moschino, My First Pet, Laundry Day, Toddler, Fitness, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Backyard, Kids Room, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Spooky, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party, Holiday Celebration Pack, Grim's Ghoulish Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Be a Spellcaster and have a mop in your inventory. obtain the level to get the package in the mail. Open inventory and hover over the stack of 2 mops.
What happens when the bug occurs? The curser turns into a hand with a gear icon and the game force closes
What do you expect to see? Either the mops to stack without issue or the mops to show up as two separate objects in the inventory
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I checked all other items in my inventory and none of them caused the same issue

EDIT by crinrict: Adjusted title yet again. Removing pack tag for now as it seems to affect a lot of items from different packs.

Message 5 of 140 (6,229 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game crashes when clicking on item in household inventory

Hero

• Fixed a crash that would occur if a tooltip was triggered when in the hover state on objects within a Sim’s inventory.

Fixed in Patch 1.105.345/1.89

Please create a new thread if you're still experiencing this issue,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 140 of 140 (2,145 Views)

All Replies

(GT) Game crashe while taking collectibles out of the inv. on a retail lot

★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.105.297.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All and I regret now.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I made a retail store in Glimmerbrook, instead of the bar, to sell my collectibles. I wanted to test which collectible I was going to be able to sell, amongs potions, wands, brooms, crystals, metals, frogs, lotus stone sculpture (JA), artifacts (JA), and other stuff from Selvadorada. I started to place them on floor, after placing 10+, not even the time to try and put them on sale, my game crashed, no last exception or messages or anything, it just crashed. I did the same thing twice and I quit playing.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game crash and I get mad.
What do you expect to see? In a month a huge updates with tons and tons of bug fixes that works and stabilize the game performance and that EA actually start taking care of this game, not for profit, but to maintain interest in their customers want to purchase new dlc.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Todays patch 2024-02-27 (1.105.297.1030)

I am super mad at this, as I have a good pc that can handle the sims 4 with all dlc easy. I had only one crash in the past in 10 years until now, not too too bad, dare I say. But recently the game is becoming a chore to play because nothing works properly. I have all the pack, so there is plenty to do, and should have plenty to do without having bugs everywhere, but its not the case. On every dlc there are at least 4 breath taking bugs or more! This is absurd. There are bug in my game that are old of 5+ years!!! This is mind breaking!!! No other company take so long to resolve issues reported 5 years ago. This need to be address ASAP, as the community will take action and stop buying your packs EA...

Message 1 of 140 (6,275 Views)

Re: (GT) Game crashe while taking collectibles out of the inv. on a retail lot

★★★★ Guide
@Francoisf30 My game has crashed twice while moving collectibles out of my sim's inventory since the update today. It just crashed to desktop both times. I do use mods and some have not been updated yet.
Message 2 of 140 (6,267 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Thanks for answering! I do not have mod though, so its not your mods for sure! Its this awful patch.

Message 3 of 140 (6,252 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Francoisf30 I was hoping it was just a mod issue but was afraid it was just another bug. This game is in such a bad state right now.
Message 4 of 140 (6,241 Views)

Re: Duplicate mops(brooms) in inventory cause game crash

★★★ Newbie

My boyfriend has the exact same issue

Message 6 of 140 (6,197 Views)

Re: [ROM] Duplicate mops(brooms) in inventory cause game crash

Hero
@MarsyBGames Do you have any LastCrash files in your documents folder ?

Best is to delete the ones you have, then trigger the error and check if new ones are created.

If that is the case, please upload

Follow instructions here on how to upload: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/m-p/3445427#M181737 (under Additional info)

Deleting the file won't fix your issue. Uploading the file is meant for troubleshooting.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 140 (6,179 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Francoisf30 There was another report about brooms. Could you delete those to see if removing the brooms solves the issue for you ?

@rlc77 Do you also have brooms ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 140 (6,203 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I suspected it had something to do with brooms. My game crashes as soon as I get to the inventory of my spellcaster sim and hover on the brooms he has. The problem is that I cannot delete them, because as soon as my mouse just touches the brooms - boom, the game's gone

Message 9 of 140 (6,193 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@crinrict Ill try it out see if it is the problem and come back later today.
Message 10 of 140 (6,138 Views)