Re: [OPEN] Stacked items in inventory/household inventory cause game crash

by HermioneSims

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Stacked items in inventory/household inventory cause game crash

★★★★★ Novice

I do get this bug too, whenever I try to use a spellcaster with multiple brooms in their inventory and I touch anything in their inventory, the game immediately crashes. Once, it even crashed just by opening the inventory.

The problem disappeared when I got rid of the extra brooms though, the easiest way I found to do it is to give it to some other sim (NPCs) as a gift. In that case the menu that shows me the list of objects in the inventory is another one, the objects don't appear as stacked, and I never saw any crash.

Message 81 of 140 (870 Views)

Re: Game crashes when I open my inventory on my sim

Hero
@Clisaaa Thanks for all the details.

There's currently a bug with stack of brooms/wands/other stuff crashing the game.

Do you have any of those in your inventory ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 82 of 140 (821 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you for the reply!

I do have a stack of lightsabers. Could that be it? I haven't touched the Realm of Magic stuff on this sim just yet.

Not sure how I could go about ridding the sabers if it is.

Message 83 of 140 (818 Views)

Hero
@Clisaaa Yes, that's the cause. I've merged your post with the bug report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 84 of 140 (996 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Thanks everyone for helping test this issue. I'm confident now, that with the two methods that seem to work to get rid of the stacks, the game can be playable as long as you don't keep stacks of items in your inventory (special stacks with the stack icons)

Please see my blog post for more details: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2024/03/stacked-inventory-items-crash-the-game/

Let me know if you have more issues or if the methods don't work for you.

Please use this thread if you have issues with stacks in the household inventory: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Game-crashing-when-selling-moving-from-build-buy-mode/td-p/135...

MOD FIX

So NeedCoffee4That created a small mod for this issue: https://www.simfileshare.net/download/4513178/

It uses the proposed suggestion here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-Stacked-items-in-inventory-household-inventory-caus...

What is does is getting rid of the multiple different items stacks. It only stacks brooms etc that are exactly the same broom and not all brooms together.

This is a simple band-aid and not a proper fix but it stopped the crashing.

The mod isn't thoroughly tested so please use at your own risk. I did some testing with the brooms in the two saves I have and didn't see any issues when using the brooms.

Testers are still needed for light sabers, kyber crystals and hilts. Let me know if those work too.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 85 of 140 (3,176 Views)

★★ Novice

@crinrict wrote:

Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.

Thanks everyone for helping test this issue. I'm confident now, that with the two methods that seem to work to get rid of the stacks, the game can be playable as long as you don't keep stacks of items in your inventory (special stacks with the stack icons)

Please see my blog post for more details: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2024/03/stacked-inventory-items-crash-the-game/

Let me know if you have more issues or if the methods don't work for you.

Hi,

How do I fix this issue on an Xbox Series X? I have no MODS/CC/Cheat codes. 

it happens with Gardening equipment too, like planting pots and areas.

thank you

Message 86 of 140 (1,117 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

This doesnt work for me.  WHen I choose GiFT nothing happens. 

Message 87 of 140 (1,099 Views)

★★ Novice

Now my game crashes when I select anything from the inventory, I can’t gift either, 

This is ridiculous! It never crashed before the update!!! 

Message 88 of 140 (1,087 Views)

Hero
@Kigglesworth23 Both methods should work for all platforms. Do you have any paintings in your inventory ? As written in my guide, they cause issues.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 89 of 140 (1,082 Views)

Re: (GT) Game crashe while taking collectibles out of the inv. on a retail lot

★★★ Newbie

Same here. It's happening for both brooms and wands for me. I can't delete them because as soon as my mouse hovers over both items, the game crashes. Not really sure what to do at this point. It has made the game unplayable for me as any time I open a Sims inventory and scroll, chances are my mouse hovers over the items and the game crashes.

Message 90 of 140 (1,045 Views)