Highlighted
Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Song/Book/Paint/Nectar progress bar fills up action never finishes

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.97.62.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all except game kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to write a song using guitar
What happens when the bug occurs? the circle fills up all the way but they just continue 'writing' the song and never finish.
What do you expect to see? that when the bar/circle fills up all the way the song is complete and the action finishes
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I haven't played with the music skills in a long time so i'm not sure if this is entirely a new issue or what is going on. 

my sim can't seem to finish writing songs using the guitar. I have to test the other instruments, but i've tried multiple types of music and its not finishing the action. 

When i have my sim do this action, they just continue writing after the bar/circle has filled up and never finish the action.

I have no mods or CC installed. 

I saw a previous thread saying the issue can be caused by having the guitar in the inventory but it doesn't work either way, starting the action while its on the floor or in the inventory 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 38 (7,195 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: BUG: Sims aren't able to finish writing a song

Hero

Sims should now actually be able to finish writing songs. Perhaps those of us with closets full of unfinished projects should take notes.

Fixed in Patch 1.103.250/1.84

Please create a new thread if you're still experiencing this issue,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 38 of 38 (2,623 Views)

All Replies

Re: Can't finish writing songs on guitar

Hero
@crzykillerr1 Since there was another similar report I decided to test this on my Sim and he finished writing his song fine.

Could you also test another Sim ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 38 (7,163 Views)

Sims 4 Write Songs not completing

★★★ Novice

I can’t seem to get my sim to complete writing a song on the piano. I go into her inventory, click “Resume a lively tune” and then she works on it. The progress bar is at 100% (the circle is completely green) and she just keeps playing, it doesn’t get completed. What can I do to fix this? 

Message 3 of 38 (7,095 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Write Songs not completing

Hero
@verbosevixen77 I merged your post with another report on this.

Did you test multiple Sims or just one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 38 (7,079 Views)

Song writing bug

★★★ Novice

What is your current game version number? newestmakeiteasiertofigureoutassholes
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? almost all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? attempt to write a song
What happens when the bug occurs? when i tell my sim to write a song
What do you expect to see? for the task to be complete instead of continuing infinitely
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'm just trying to submit a potential bug, but as usual EA's incompetence has made it more difficult than it should be. Here's the bug: my sim attempts to write a song using the guitar, the task fills completely but never actually ends. To be explain in even more simple terms: sim starts write song, action bar shows progress with green loop, loop fills completely, even though loop fully green action never ends, if cancel action, task incomplete. Is that dumbed up enough for you EA? 

Message 5 of 38 (7,056 Views)

Re: Can't finish writing songs on guitar

★★★★ Novice

I was able to finish a song with my sims father, really strange that she cant but he could 

Message 6 of 38 (6,924 Views)

Composing / writing music is broken

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Which language are you playing the game in? Nederlands
What is your current game version number? 1.98.127.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every expansion pack, every game pack, most stuff packs, some kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Compose / write music
What happens when the bug occurs? When Sims write music, they can't complete the composition, it goes on forever.
What do you expect to see? That the action of composing music ends when the progress circle is full.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It occurs since the latest update (may 30)

Which language are you playing the game in? Nederlands
What is your current game version number? 1.98.127.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every expansion pack, every game pack, most stuff packs, some kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Compose / write music
What happens when the bug occurs? When Sims write music, they can't complete the composition, it goes on forever.
What do you expect to see? That the action of composing music ends when the progress circle is full.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It occurs since the latest update (may 30)

Message 7 of 38 (6,482 Views)

Re: Composing / writing music is broken

★★★ Apprentice
@Marieke020 Sorry for the double entry, I tried to edit the clone away but failed.
Message 8 of 38 (6,474 Views)

Sim never finishes writing a song - writes forever

★★★ Novice

What is your current game version number? Unknown
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Compose a song
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim is directed to compose a song on the digital keyboard and never finishes, she continues indefinitely. The keyboard has never been in her inventory, I have chosen the option to complete sheet music in her inventory if the song is incomplete after the first attempt to write it because she stops to meet a need, I have even cheated her needs to green and tried to write the song in one go. No matter what I try she NEVER finishes the song, the progress bar will be completely full and she will just continues the action until she needs something or she is directed to do otherwise.
What do you expect to see? I expect the song to be completed and be placed in her inventory to license after the progress bar is full

I'm not completely certain how often it happens or after what patch it began happening because I don't frequently play musicians but it happens every time I direct my sim to write a song.

Message 9 of 38 (6,304 Views)

Re: Sim never finishes writing a song - writes forever

EA Sims Team

Hello All,

If anyone of you are still encountering this on the latest game version (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: http://x.ea.com/74420

Thanks!

Message 10 of 38 (6,177 Views)