Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Sims won't stay in bed

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By putting sims in bed
What happens when the bug occurs? I put my sims to bed and they sleep for ~1-2 hours before getting out of bed again.
What do you expect to see? My sims sleeping when they're tired..
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After the release of Cats and Dogs

Heeeeey Crin, not sure if there's another thread in here or not, but I didn't see one.

So my sims won't sleep. At all. Ever.

It was fine to begin with, but I've been playing the same family for a few hours now, and they've stopped sleeping.

I put them to bed, they sleep for an hour or two and then get out of bed.

Some information:

I noticed the bug while using CC, but I can replicate it with and without CC.

Have had the same issue with YA and Toddlers- Child/Teen/Adult/Elder untested.

Am living in an apartment, but this occurs constantly without any noise coming from neighbours.

Doesn't matter how tired they are or what time of day I send them to bed, they always get back out again.

Happens even when their other motives are 100% full.

It was weird to begin with, but now it's just annoying.

Any ideas?

P.s. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with extended play time of the game or of a particular family, as the game has currently been running the same family for the last 6 hours.

P.P.s. No, I don't have a life D:

Message 1 of 355 (262,560 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Sims won't stay in bed

Hero

Sims who were vampires but are now Sims that aren’t vampires will now be able to sleep more than 3 hours when tired

Fixed in Patch 1.96.365/1.71

I can't tell if only vamps where the issue with this. There are of course also a lot of legit reasons and this thread has run it's course.

Please create a new one if you still have issues.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 355 of 355 (24,749 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sims won't stay in bed.

[ Edited ]
Hero

Possible causes for this: https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2019/01/sims-wont-sleep/

If you still have issues, please provide your save game.

If you have this issue with Sims going to look at decor they like, please use this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Sim-wakes-up-to-look-at-decor-they-like/td-p/10390716

-----

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 355 (262,384 Views)

Hero

Hi @TrinityBabe

did you have any luck with this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 3 of 355 (262,355 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I’ve been having the same problem.  My game is a new save and I don’t have any mods or cc.  It only started happening after Cats and Dogs was released,

Message 4 of 355 (262,331 Views)

Hero

Have you tried above ?

Do you have any pets that could be waking you ? What age groups are your Sims ? Have you tried replacing the beds ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 355 (262,317 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
The above didn't work.
No there weren't pets waking my sims.
Yes I tried replacing the beds, to no avail.
As stated, my issues were with toddler/young adult
No attempt to replicate the bug for any other age group
Message 6 of 355 (262,310 Views)

Hero

Would you be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox, mediafire, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 355 (262,305 Views)

★★★★ Guide

It might also be worth, for testing purposes, trying a new save with all the CC and mods removed to see if it occurs on clean saves. If it doesn't occur on a new save, it may be related to something within the save's data.

Message 8 of 355 (262,294 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Sims won't stay in bed

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

EditI'm having the same problem and it's at the point where my Sim won't stay asleep at all. I have everything except city living, fitness stuff, bowling night stuff, vintage glamour stuff and luxury party stuff. I have no mods or cc.

I just got back to playing the Sims when cats & dogs came out. I changed beds, repaired game and everything else I could think of. They can have full needs and it doesn't matter their pets appear to be fine.  They just won't sleep. They are both Young Adults.

Edit:  I went back in the save and my Sim, upon being woken up from I didn't know what at first, had a music thought bubble with an x through it and I found the dog barking right outside the locked door (apparently barking is music...?) and I clicked on the dog and it said "scold for waking up" and I did. I keep trying to send her to sleep but the cats keeping waking up but at least now I know it IS the pets because I get "lecture for waking up" from their meowing. I'm assuming after enough lecturing they'll learn to stop it? Hopefully....at least I know the problem now. The pets even wake her up through locked doors. Locked doors make no difference, which I suppose is realistic but man is this annoying in the game.So sorry. If someone is having the same issue see if a pet is barking or meowing and if clicking on them brings up "scold/lecture for waking up"

Message 9 of 355 (262,249 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Sims won't stay in bed

Hero

Would anyone be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox, mediafire, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 355 (262,211 Views)