Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Sims don't autonomously eat left-overs

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get famous, seasons, cats and dogs, city living, get together, get to work. Vampires and outdoor retreat. Laundry day, toddler stuff, bowling night, backyard, kids room, romantic garden, movie hangout, spooky stuff, and holiday celebration.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By having leftovers in the fridge(?)
What happens when the bug occurs? Anytime someone is hungry, they always make new meals but never eat leftovers. This is free will, I have to force them to eat leftovers.
What do you expect to see? My sims have always gotten leftovers before making a new meal.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have no additional information. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 62 (9,409 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims won’t eat leftovers automatically and will not eat prepared dishes!

Hero

If you were worried about leftover food from excessive cooking… and the fact that Sims were not eating it, even when they were actually Hungry. Fear not, now Sims will autonomously Eat Leftovers when they are Hungry. No food waste here!

Fixed in Patch 1.75.125/ 1.42

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 62 of 62 (3,296 Views)

All Replies

Re: Digital sketchpad and Fridge glitches

Hero
@shmiel26 Please use this thread for the sketchpad: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Sims-reset-using-the-Digitalistic-Sketchpad/td-p/9...

Could you edit your post to just be about the left-overs ? Think that's an older bug actually but afair, there's no bug report for it yet.

There should be one post per issue in the bug forum

Thank you

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 62 (9,345 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Mine is stranger: If they make a Grand Meal, use the spells Delicioso or Grand Delicioso, or use their cauldrons to make a mac and cheese, and I put it away in the fridge, they will take them out as leftovers like usual, but the food never finishes. Their Hungry meter fills but they will sit and keep on eating and the food is unlimited. One Sim sat and ate her turkey leftovers from a Thanksgiving Grand Meal for 15 minutes until I manually clicked her to stop and clean up the plate which she scraped into the garbage and washed the plate.

Message 3 of 62 (9,303 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@DDWard1972 Is your game updated to the newest patch ?

If so, please create your own thread (sounds like a different issue)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 62 (9,298 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims don't autonomously eat left-overs

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Same issue, sure appeared after the latest patch.
There's excellent food on the dining table two steps away from a hungry sims (no traits like Vegetarian to affect prioroties, no food-based lifestyles, no routing issues).
There's excellent food in the fridge too (no routing issues), but sims autonomously cook 1 serving meal or grab quick meal when hungry.

Message 5 of 62 (9,226 Views)

Re: [TROUBLESHOOT] No longer autonomously grab leftovers

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I've got this issue now after 1.68 ... Family with 2 adults (one's a vampire and doesn't eat food) and 2 kids. Kids will grab quick meals and the adult will cook new meals, and quite often interrupt herself while cooking only to grab a quick meal or start cooking something else. Neither will eat leftovers unless I move the food out on the counter. Need to do some more testing, but since I suspected it was because it couldn't "see" the old food from before the update I cooked a bunch of new food, but they still grab quick meals and cook new rather than eat leftovers.

EDIT: Replaced the fridge with a different model. First kid to grab food from the fridge got leftovers. Then they both went to school. After coming home they're back to getting quick meals instead of leftovers. Confused

Message 6 of 62 (9,220 Views)

Re: [TROUBLESHOOT] No longer autonomously grab leftovers

Hero
@TheSteelRodent Moved your post over to the current thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 62 (9,214 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims don't autonomously eat left-overs

★★★ Apprentice

same issue with my game. When they’re hungry they will eat a quick meal or try to cook, even with leftovers in the fridge. 

Message 8 of 62 (9,176 Views)

Sims will cook food non-stop, especially on grills instead of getting leftovers

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco Lifestyle, Discover university, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, Jungle Adventure, Vampires, Outdoor Retreat, Tiny Living Stuff Pack, Laundry Day Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Holiday Celebration Pack, Grim's Ghoulish Guitar.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have leftovers in the fridge. Sims will make something new instead and get into a loop.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims will cook food non-stop, especially on grills instead of getting leftovers.
What do you expect to see? No obsession with cooking and eating leftovers instead
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Latest update.

I have a multitude of different leftover meals in the fridge but they make something new instead. And if they choose to cook on a grill they will get themselves into a loop so when the food is finished, instead of eating the food they have just prepared, they will instead make more food. 

Message 9 of 62 (9,154 Views)

Re: Sims will cook food non-stop, especially on grills instead of getting leftov

Hero
@rachee881 Merged your post

Sounds like you also have this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Excessive-autonomous-food-preparation/td-p/9724949 so you may want to me too both threads.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 62 (9,146 Views)