Re: gallery art, when I put in my game, nothing is on the canvas?

by BryonyRae

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Sims created paintings/photos in Rooms do not transfer on the Gallery

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

New in the 10/25/16 patch, sims created paintings from reference and photos saved in rooms do not transfer on the Gallery.  This applies both to pre-existing rooms on the Gallery and to newly created pictures/paintings placed in rooms and subsequently shared on the Gallery.  Paintings/photos placed on lots transfer properly.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Bulldoze a lot and move a sim with painting and photography skills onto it
  2. Have the sim create one or more paintings from reference.
  3. Have the sim take photographs.
  4. Create a single wall or a room
  5. Place the painting(s) and photographs on the wall (or in the room).
  6. Click on the wall or room and choose to Save as room to the Library
  7. Share the room on the Gallery
  8. Have another player download the room; they will only see blank canvases for the paintings and black photos

Alternatively, you can download a pre-existing room with paintings and/or photos and see the effect that way (just filter for "paintings" or "photos").

Message 1 of 15 (4,889 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Black photos

Hero (Retired)
From my testing, this bug has been fixed in the 11/15/16 patch. Standard smile

View in thread

Message 13 of 15 (5,076 Views)

All Replies

Re: [OPEN] Sims created paintings/photos in Rooms do not transfer on the Gallery

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I tried downloading rooms but still blank canvas or paintings and also downloaded wall with painting or photo's they are still blank.I also have screen shots of what I am getting. Both are painting but photo's are black. Thank you so much. My Graphics card is a GeForce GTX 950..I repaired game.I have no mods.Also pulled Sims 4 folder started game went in to create new Sims 4 folder..I am lost big smiles..Please help love creating but I use paintings and Photo's done by my friends on Gallery..Miss it..Thank you so much Rayven71

Message 2 of 15 (4,814 Views)

gallery art, when I put in my game, nothing is on the canvas?

★★ Novice

about a week before City Life released when I put the art created for gallery by other simmers, there is nothing on the canvas?  Is this something EA is planning on fixing or is it just me.  Will it be dealt with on the next patch?  When is the next patch.  I Love this stuff!  

BeckyB576

Message 3 of 15 (4,714 Views)

Hero

Hi @BeckyB576

merged with existing bug report

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 15 (4,709 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @crinrict @BryonyRae @BeckyB576 @rayven71

We're having trouble reproducing this on our side.  Is there a room on the Gallery that is currently exhibiting this issue?  We'd like to take a look at it.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 5 of 15 (4,657 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@SimQARobo Sure, here's one.  I have yet to find a room with sims created paintings by reference/photos that *does* transfer, so you can really take your pick.  If you want to see more on the Gallery, just set your filter to search by room, newest, and put "paintings" or "photos" in the search field.  When it comes to paintings, remember that you want to look at rooms with paintings created by reference (not those created via other options).

Message 6 of 15 (4,643 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

@BryonyRae Ok I see the issue consistently with these uploads.  (For some reason we were only seeing this issue intermittently on our test gallery; we tried numerous paintings by reference)

Thank you very much!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 7 of 15 (4,635 Views)

Hero (Retired)

You're welcome @SimQARobo.  Have a great weekend! Standard smile

Message 8 of 15 (4,625 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hello everybody,

With me it is likewise (I play on laptop with an Nvidia). The photos, which other users have put into the gallery are already black at the download. This is also the case with the pictures. All pictures from other users will be reproduced as a white canvas.

And that happens in the meantime with quite a few here, who have PC.

Thanks and hope it will be fixed soon Standard smile

Message 9 of 15 (4,620 Views)

[ Edited ]

@charantea

I've moved your post from the 'black photos when using the camera and phone' thread to this one which I believe is the issue you are experiencing. Please read @BryonyRae's opening post and try the steps to reproduce.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 10 of 15 (4,598 Views)