Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Screenshots made in game are blurred

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.45.62.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make a screenshot with the c button on your Keyboard and compare it with a screenshot made with the print button on your Keyboard. The srceen made with the c button is completely blurred, the screen made with the print button is sharp.
What happens when the bug occurs? Screenshots made with the c button are blurred.
What do you expect to see? I want sharp screenshots
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The newest patch of today (new Gallery)

Hi, since the patch of today (31.07.2018) screenshots made in game with the c button are completely blurred. I attach two Pictures.

In Deutsch: Seit dem heutigen Patch sind Screens, die man per c-Taste im Spiel macht, total unscharf. Dieses Problem habe nicht nur ich, sondern auch andere.

Message 1 of 51 (11,212 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] Screenshots made in game are blurred

Hero

• Screenshots taken using the C key are no longer fuzzy. We had some schmutzle on the lens we had to clean off.

Fixed in Patch 1.46.18

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 51 of 51 (6,163 Views)

All Replies

Re: Screenshots made in game are blurred

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Same here. 

Quality before update 18/07/31: https://i.imgur.com/HZID5do.png

Quality after update 18/07/31: https://i.imgur.com/M1QVXJs.png

Message 2 of 51 (11,107 Views)

Re: Screenshots made in game are blurred

★ Apprentice
Same here. It's an enormus decrease in quality.
Message 3 of 51 (11,076 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Screenshots made in game are blurred

★★ Novice
Same here. The quality has deteriorated so much that I thought my graphics card would be damaged
Message 4 of 51 (11,046 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have the same problem Frown

Message 5 of 51 (10,976 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I'm getting this too, even with no mods. I hope they fix it soon, it's annoying to use a different key for screenshots. :/ 

Message 6 of 51 (10,912 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
I'm experiencing the same problem, i thought my graphics card busted. Thank god it's not the graphics card at least :P I hope this gets fixed soon.
Message 7 of 51 (10,903 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I have the same issue. As a builder, it isn't optimal to have blurry and crappy screenshots lol. 

Updated with side my sides. Top one is by the C button, and the bottom one is a normal print screen. Maybe hard to tell like this, but if you zoom in you'll see a massive difference. 

Message 8 of 51 (10,847 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Screenshots made in game are blurred

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

It's happening to me, too! Just took some photos with C key pre-update and they were perfectly sharp, after updating 30 minutes ago the photos taken with C button are now super blurry (both in-game and CAS photos). 

Message 9 of 51 (10,714 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Screenshots made in game are blurred

★★★ Apprentice
Yep, happening to me too.

The silliest thing about this is it's much harder to tell if it's not a full-sized screenshot. The OP has the best illustration of it I've seen.
Message 10 of 51 (10,560 Views)