Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Screenshots in buildmode uninhabited lot get stored in live mode camera

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All exisiting expansion packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make a screenshot inside a house that has no household.
What happens when the bug occurs? Screenshot gets stored in an inaccessible place.
What do you expect to see? Screenshots getting stored in the screenshots folder.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

When I am building on a lot that has no household and I make some screenshots I get the following message:

"Your pictures can be viewed in the Screenshot Manager, which is found within the Camera Options in Live Mode."

The problem is, as this lot has no household, it has no live mode, and therefore I can't access said screenshots in any possible way. I have to resort to taking screenshots with printscreen, which is rather messy because it also screenshots the UI.

I would like to see screenshots in this situation also being stored in the screenshots folder instead of in some obscure place in a game mode that is at that time unavailable.

Message 1 of 14 (2,866 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Screenshots in buildmode uninhabited lot get stored in live mode camera?

Hero (Retired)

@AlHollandiyah this issue should be fixed in the most recent 6/19/18 patch.  Could you please test and let us know if it now works properly in your game?  Thanks!

View in thread

Message 13 of 14 (2,925 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Did you check your screenshot folder in your doc folder ? Are they also not there ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 14 (2,834 Views)

★★ Guide

Yes, and I was surprised not to find them there because that is where they are always found. However, in that case you would also get a message telling you they are stored in your screenshot folder instead of in the camera in live mode. And I have not found any setting. The only thing I can set is what folder to use for screenshots, but that is no use if screenshots are stored in an obscure camera mode that is unavailable where you are at.

Message 3 of 14 (2,832 Views)

Hero

Found this 2 year old thread from you: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Screenshots-in-build-mode-on-empty-lot-saved-as-memory/m-p/4983...

So it worked after you posted that and now it doesn't òr did it never really work ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 14 (2,828 Views)

★★ Guide

TBH I had completely forgotten about that topic, and I usually build with a family in the house. I have just failed miserably in making a backup of my save, moving the screenshots folder out instead of the saves folder, and then deleting the whole thing to make the game load a fresh one. Good thing I had a somewhat recent version of my build on the gallery. Will report back if refreshing the folder has helped as soon as I know!

Message 5 of 14 (2,806 Views)

★★ Guide

I can confirm that resetting my game folder has helped solve the issue. I really don't know what caused it as I was playing a fresh save when it happened, but at least it works again! Thanks for pointing out my old topic!

Message 6 of 14 (2,882 Views)

Hero

Hi @AlHollandiyah

I moved this to the general forum and marked as solved for now.

Feel free to come back if it occurs again

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 14 (2,785 Views)

★★ Guide

I wasn't sure if I had to up this one or make a new one, in case I need to make a new one please let me know and I'll do it!

This issue has somehow returned. I tried multiple solutions, one of which from this topic was emptying the game folder and have the game create new files. This didn't change anything in my existing (backed up) saves, but initially SEEMED to help with a fresh save. However, I always start a save by demolishing all residential lots and removing all premade households except for 1 (untill I have made my own and that last one is removed as well). As soon as I had removed all households and started demolishing houses the issue once again returned. By that point I tested if making yet another new save would return the option to properly save screenshots in builmode, but it didn't. So I wonder if there is a connection between these actions and the issues returning?

Message 8 of 14 (2,668 Views)

★★ Guide

Ohhh. something is clicking into place. I usually use the workaround mentioned here for 2 reasons: 1 is not to have to go to every single category of items and 2, rooms that I have 'seen' will not loose their "new" mark without this workaround. Yet somehow I think that it is this workaround that messes up the ability to screenshot uninhabited lots. Can this be the case?

Message 9 of 14 (2,666 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Upping an old topic:

I recently reinstalled windows AND the sims, and the issue has come back again. I am no longer using the workaround mentioned above, and even refreshing my sims folder (which was quite fresh already) doesn't help either. Making a screenshot of a lot that is uninhabited will simply get me a message but no screenshot. As this has been an issue persistently for a long time now I hope that this can be added to the bug list. I have done several things to try and pinpoint where it goes wrong but I haven't been able to find it as it now happens even with a fresh folder (which is, btw, without mods or cc).

Edit: Turns out the save was corrupt. That costs me another set of hours to create a new all-empty-lots save.... I still wonder why this bug pops up every now and then....

Edit 2: So I had this clean save that WORKED. Spent some time working on my vet clinic, changed the outfits for the vets, changed the roof of the building, wanted to make a screenshot. And it didn't work. Again. I still have no mods and no cc. What is going on here????

Message 10 of 14 (2,639 Views)