Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [SV] [W] Werewolf ate lab door in StrangerVille now there's a wall

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.89.214.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? The only ones that matter for this are Werewolves and StrangerVille. And it's not really a bug, but I don't know where else to post it, seeing as it is probably a mistake that should not happen.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to StrangerVille to the secret lab as a werewolf and eat the sealed lab door. It will be eaten and a wall appears instead. Obviously, it's impossible to continue the quest. (Why I thought it was a good idea to eat a door, do not ask.)
What happens when the bug occurs? The door vanishes and leaves a wall which you can't open anymore. You'll be therefore unable to complete the quest.
What do you expect to see? No option to eat the door. Or at least a hole in the wall where the door once was.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Ok, again. There is a lab door which can usually be opened during a quest. As a werewolf, I additionally have the option to devour it. If I take that option, the door will be gone and there is a wall where I can't get through, thus making me unable to solve the mystery of StrangerVille.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 9 (4,254 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Werewolf Devour Breaks High School!

Hero

Werewolves can have a real hunger, especially if they have Voracious Hunger. That hunger shouldn’t mean they eat top secret lab doors or space rockets though. Other items werewolves should no longer add to the menu are dolphins,

Fixed in Patch 1.92.145/1.65

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 9 of 9 (2,354 Views)

All Replies

Re: I ate the lab door in StrangerVille as a werewolf, now there's a wall

★★★★ Expert

LOL! (sorry)

I mean, it makes a certain amount of sense! "I don't need no stinkin' keycard, I'll EAT THE DOOR!"

You might need to use bb.enablefreebuild and bb.showhiddenobjects to get the door back. Er. If you're willing to cheat, of course. (It's technically cheating, yes, but you're just replacing the quest objects so you can progress the non-cheaty way.)

Message 2 of 9 (4,217 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thx! The code helped a lot ^^

"I don't need no stinkin' keycard, I'll EAT THE DOOR!" Was EXACTLY what I thought when I did this!

Message 3 of 9 (4,208 Views)

★★★ Newbie

doesn't work for me, is there any other way to fix this? 😭

Message 4 of 9 (4,074 Views)

Werewolf Devour Breaks High School!

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All (or I should)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a teen werewolf with Devour option, go to school during school time. When not in a class time click on the whiteboard with said werewolf and devour it. When it becomes class time there's no class to go to.
What happens when the bug occurs? No class to go to, so simms can't attend class. Principal gets mad at students not attending the non-existent class. Also, they'll get mad at a werewolf in beastform while their rampaging, despite running away from said werewolf earlier.
What do you expect to see? Principal not going after rampaging werewolves, not getting mad at those not in class for no class to attend anyways!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Just the normal Sims 4 updates.

Not a mods issue, it's a issue with Werewolf pack and High School pack between themselves

Message 5 of 9 (4,062 Views)

Hero
@nfsrpfan I merged your thread with the one on the strangerville door. It's the same principle

Just add back the whiteboard.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (4,043 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict wrote:
@nfsrpfanI merged your thread with the one on the strangerville door. It's the same principle

Just add back the whiteboard.

Impossible to during school in affect! Unless use console for freebuild, but generally... what if we don't want to use the console? It is a game oversight still!

Message 7 of 9 (4,010 Views)

Hero
@nfsrpfan

It's not something your wolf did autonomously, right ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 9 (3,997 Views)

Hero

Werewolves can have a real hunger, especially if they have Voracious Hunger. That hunger shouldn’t mean they eat top secret lab doors or space rockets though. Other items werewolves should no longer add to the menu are dolphins,

Fixed in Patch 1.92.145/1.65

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (2,355 Views)