Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [SV] Strangerville Secret Lab cannot load; error 106:7f97032:aa761f01

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.81.72.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EXPANSIONS: Cottage Living, Snowy Escape, Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work. GAME PACKS: Star Wars Journey to Baatu, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat. KITS: Laundry Day, Fitness,  Cool Kitchen Stuff. FREE STUFF: Awesome Animal Hats, Life of the party, Digital Soundtrack, Holiday Celebration and Up All Night.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open Sims > Press play button > /loading screen/ > Resume playing current Sim AT HOME > /loading screen/ > Scroll outwards until car/travel symbol appears and click > Click "Back to World" Select > Click "Strangerville" > Click "The Secret Lab" > Click "Confirm" > Select the checkbox, with no extra sims to travel with > /loading screen/ > Put back to Residential worlds, receive error 106:7f97032:aa761f01.
What happens when the bug occurs? I am thrown back to Residential worlds, receiving error 106:7f97032:aa761f01.
What do you expect to see? For The Secret Lab in Strangerville to load.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? MCCC, Simvasion - BuildRocketFix, TwistedMexi - BetterBuildBuy, TwistedMexi - DestroyObjectFix.

Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Unsure, as this is the first time I have tried to access The Secret Lab. 

I have tried:

• Removing ALL Mods.
  • Repairing the game.
  • Trying an unplayed game-produced household from Willow Creek - Ricky Kenyon from the Kenyon Family, Daisy Hovel lot. 
  • Trying an unplayed game-produced household from Strangervillee - Dylan Sigworth from the Sigworth Family, Riverside Grove lot.
  • Trying a played household member who is NOT a super-sim.
  • Trying a played household member who is working towards a super-sim. 
  • Turning my PC off-and-on again.
  • Checking for graphic driver and general PC updates from both Windows Update and Official driver sites. 
  • General fixes for 106 errors by; by clearing the cache folder, clearing the cachestr folder, localthumbcache.package file, etc.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 10 (1,422 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Strangerville Secret Lab cannot load; error 106:7f97032:aa761f01

Hero

Error Code 106:7f97032:aa761f01 no longer happens sometimes when traveling to StrangerVille's Secret Lab.

Fixed in Patch 1.90.358/1.91

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 10 of 10 (903 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@TheRogueStitch Do you get it on a new save as well or just that particular save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (1,400 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Hi Crin,
Thank you for your message.
I can confirm that I can access The Secret Lab in Strangerville on a brand new save - it loads no problem at all with no error.
Regards
Eve
Message 3 of 10 (1,372 Views)

Hero
@TheRogueStitch Guess it's something about your lot than that prevents loading.

Would you mind sending me your save game ? Instructions in my signature.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (1,370 Views)

Hero
@TheRogueStitch I tested your save and I can duplicate the issue on a modless game.

Is the list above all the mods you have or did you have a mod to edit the secret lab and edited it ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 10 (1,300 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hi @crinrict,

Above is the total list of all the mods I've ever had. 
Furthermore, on that particular save, was the first time I ever entered Strangerville.
Many thanks
Eve

Message 6 of 10 (1,272 Views)

Hero
@TheRogueStitch Do you have a backup of this save from before you entered Strangerville ? I don't see a way to solve it as there's no way to enter the lot in build mode without a mod and I think that particular mod for the secret lab isn't uptodate.

I'll pass on your save game to EA but other than a backup I don't see a solution to this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 10 (1,243 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@crinrict I don't have a backup of this save unfortunately. 
I have made a sort of workaround, by uploading my Sim and their House-lot to the gallery, and redownloading them on a new save, with no mods, and was able to enter The Secret Lab with no more issues. 
Thank you for all your help! 

Message 8 of 10 (1,152 Views)

Hero
@TheRogueStitch Hard to tell what caused it but do post back if the error happens again (especially if it's on a vanilla game)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 10 (1,129 Views)

Hero

Error Code 106:7f97032:aa761f01 no longer happens sometimes when traveling to StrangerVille's Secret Lab.

Fixed in Patch 1.90.358/1.91

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (904 Views)