[FIXED] [SE] More than three active lifestyles

by Khalid-Immortal

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [SE] More than three active lifestyles

★★★★ Apprentice

I'm having the same problem. Am now at five lifestyles after going on vacation.

I use no mods, no CC. I have all packs except Batuu, Paranormal, My First Pet Stuff or any of the Kits.

Message 71 of 100 (1,148 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm getting exceptions with this too, the game tries to remove a lifestyle and says it removes it but the lifestyle is still listed in the lifestyle area as active.

I'm just going to post my exception in case it helps any developers. I'm not going to write out a whole report or anything. I use the Better Exceptions Full Report v2.01 | Created by TwistedMexi

Possible Cause
(Confidence: 10%)

relationship_service

<Reason: Exception in Sim Timeline: Exception running Element (KeyError: <class 'sims4.tuning.instances.trait_Lifestyles_CloseKnit'&gtWink

I had to change the left and right symbols to post it.

Game Version: 1.72.28.1030-1.200.000.495.Release
Category ID: relationship_service.py:921

Here's the LE the game created as an attachment.

Message 72 of 100 (1,118 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

How has this not gotten a fix yet??

I'm having the same issue, sim has 5 active lifestyles and gets the notifications/buffs and debuffs for ALL OF THEM. He had the 'single and loving it' lifestyle which I removed via the potion - Its icon disappeared from the lifestyles panel, but if you click the lifestyles button it still shows as active.

--On top of that, he has the workaholic lifestyle and no matter how often I have him work during off hours and never miss work etc he still has the infinite time frame debuff making him constantly tense! Don't even have the patience to play him now because of this and it's incredibly frustrating..

(I saw another user on here state that traveling gets rid of the broken debuffs, and that does work for me temporarily, but they just come back after a few in game hours.)

--And even on top OF THAT and possibly the most infuriating part of this - I've disabled the lifestyles via gameplay options... AND THE DEBUFFS ARE STILL THERE.

See attached photo - sorry the backgrounds blurred but I wanted to show that Lifestyles is OFF and yet you can see my sim obviously still has the debuffs from 2 of his lifestyles. (Game has been restarted after turning off Lifestyles, and I traveled to another lot, they still come back).

I'd honestly like to just uninstall the expansion pack - and freaking refund it. So ridiculous that we've had to deal with a bug like this that makes your sims unplayable for this long now...

Sims4_Lifestyles_Bug.png

Message 73 of 100 (1,069 Views)

★ Guide

I've just given up on lifestyles completely at this point. I have them disabled in my legacy file because I don't want them to do any more possible damage than they may have already done. Sucks that such a potentially great feature is still busted after like 6 months.

Message 74 of 100 (1,052 Views)

★★★ Guide

If you think waiting 6 Months is a long time to get a fix. Check out Player Trait bugs.

July 2015 https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/ARCHIVED-Player-trait-doesn-t-work/td-p/4670227 which had a new thread created

July 2018 https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIXED-Player-Trait-Broken/m-p/6911759#M67537

Not sure if an actual fix for this actually exists, since I found my own work around by using two separate Mods, one of which is MC Command Center

linked here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-Common-Game-Fixing-Mods-Hero-Approved/m-p/10111432... The second one I can't add here or give it's name due to NSFW issues.

Which also included Reputation Loss

December 2018 https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Reputation-Loss-Romantic-interest-romancing-anothe...

Now, for the multiple Lifestyles, I have found I can use testingcheats True, and shift-click the Sim with more than three Lifestyles, and remove the excess traits I don't want.  Workaholic is the problematic Lifestyle.  It doesn't always completely remove, and remains "In Progress" no matter what I do.  Sometimes saving and exiting, deleting the localthumbcache.package file, and restarting allows me to completely remove it.

Message 75 of 100 (1,004 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
I have come to have 6 active lifestyles, plus one that is no longer active but continues to be in the selected sim profile (it's workaholic)
Message 76 of 100 (994 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I've encountered the same bug. My sim is getting more and more lifestyles. He's already at 5, and it makes the UI look glitchy.

Message 77 of 100 (879 Views)

★ Guide

So far it seems that having lifestyles disabled in game has actually disabled them for me. Kind of a nuclear option but it may work for others as well.

Message 78 of 100 (829 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This issue has been around since November 2020 and none of the sim guru ever acknowledged it. There’s even a fix made by a modder. Why not look into it and implement it into the game? Please, fix it. My sim has 6 lifestyles and they conflict. 

Message 79 of 100 (762 Views)

★ Guide

I turned lifestyles off when my sim was working towards her 5th. Lifestyles are a good idea and I didn't want to turn it off, but really they are a mess in more ways than just this bug.

Message 80 of 100 (749 Views)