[FIXED] [SE] Excursion: Onsen Lot shows as generic Llama pic/ Breaks Game

by camillaanneismay

Original Post

Re: I can't play mountain climbing and traveling, no any location!

Hero
@Shareliara I don't think anyone can confirm that but it's been my experience.

Just save your game under a new name before you try. If it fails, you can revert to the other save.

If the icon is there you should be fine but I can't give you any guarantees.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 91 of 395 (1,579 Views)

★ Guide

PS4 here. I just tried to travel normally to Onsen and it’s the same story. The lot is not loading, game threw me to the choose worlds screen. When I attempt to travel again game is loading forever and my Sims are nowhere in the world even if I reload the auto save. I think it’s safe to assume that Onsen lot is broken and to not go there because it will corrupt the save. Like I said I just wanted to visit onsen not do the mountain climb and it was broken too, despite looking normally on the map.

Message 92 of 395 (1,552 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Thanks for the response. I can confirm your experience so far.
I tested it with two saves, both created before the last patch.
I let my Sims travel from their home world to the Onsen lot and the second time to a mountain excursion from the phone and both worked without any problems.
Next time, I sent my sims there on vacation and repeated the two steps from there. No problems either.
So it really only seems to affect new saves after the last patch.
Message 93 of 395 (1,530 Views)

★ Guide
Been having this issue too. I really wanted my sims to go on an excursion. Frown
Message 94 of 395 (1,503 Views)

★ Novice

I am having an issue with the Onsen as well, when I try to visit I become stuck on a never-ending loading screen and am unable to close my game unless I do it from Task Manager. This persisted after I removed all mods, repaired my game, and removed all save files.

Message 95 of 395 (1,484 Views)

Re: Onsen Bathhouse Corrupting save files?

★★★ Newbie

Do we know if they fixed this at all. I just downloaded snowy escape and am having this issue. 

Message 96 of 395 (1,464 Views)

Hero
@sevenyears1107 I merged your post with the current bug report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 97 of 395 (1,454 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ah , thanks! I didn’t see this post and can clearly see this is still an active issue unfortunately.  

I can say I can get my sims to onsen bath house by using the phone to travel but when trying to do the mountain excursion it glitches back to world selection. 

Message 98 of 395 (1,453 Views)

Mountain Excursion Doesn't Work

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All current expansions, game packs, stuff and kits, and free items.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? From cell or event launch the mountain excursion event, select your people, then when asked to pick a location you will only be given the 'generic' option and that shows a pic of a grey llama. if you select you will get sent to the Worlds screen and asked to pick more people. If you advance the game goes to the loading screen and hangs there indefinitely.
What happens when the bug occurs? Once picking all options for the event the game hangs/crashes
What do you expect to see? I should be given an actual location in the world for the event, and then be able to play the event.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Does anyone know if EA is aware and working on this?

Message 99 of 395 (1,418 Views)

Re: Mountain Excursion Doesn't Work

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@GeekMomFourEver 

It should send you to the onsen. There a bug report that the onsen is missing or corrupt in some new saves; you’re probably affected.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-SE-Excursion-Onsen-Lot-shows-as-generic-Llama-pic-Breaks/...

Message 100 of 395 (1,392 Views)