Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [S] Strange *DEBUG* item in Build Mode

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Italian
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.96.365.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? ALL EXPANSION PACKS EXCEPT CoL, HSY and GRO/ALL GAME PACKS EXCEPT MWS/ALL STUFF PACKS/CKK-IAK-CSK-MCK-DLK-SCK-PPK
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open any save and select Build Mode
What happens when the bug occurs? Without active cheats, the first new object that pops up is a DEBUG object from the Season expansion pack. Specifically, a gift package.
What do you expect to see? No DEBUG items if I have not activated cheats.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I removed them and clear the cache before the patch were released and I still not add them back.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes, after patch 1.96

I wasn't sure it could be called a real bug, so I wrote in this board. I need to recheck if the item is still there after closing and restarting the game. I will let you know. If you think it is a bug, you can move the discussion to the Bug Reports section.

I checked and the mystery box is still there.

I have attached an image of the object.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 10 of 20 (4,875 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [S] Gift Debug Asset Unlocked form debug/wrong tag after patch 1.96

Hero

A mysterious **DEBUG** gift box (or “Unknown” gift box if you play on consoles) was mistakenly added to the Build Catalog. If you happened to place one on your lot, congratulations—not only do you get to keep it, it’ll even have a real name now. It still doesn’t do anything, but it sure does look like a gift box. Very festive! However, if you’re feeling like you missed out, fear not - you can find your own non-interactive Gift Box object hidden behind the bb.showhiddenobjects cheat.

Fixed in Patch 1.97.42/1.73

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 20 of 20 (2,296 Views)

All Replies

Mystery Gift Box?

★★★ Guide

Does anyone know that the new gift box item is? It's a red box with a white bow that just appeared in Buy/Build today. It's simply called "Unknown", has the Seasons icon, and the description says "A box full of mysterious gifts." It can be grabbed and moved, but not placed in inventory and there are no interactions.

Message 1 of 20 (5,083 Views)

Re: Mystery Gift Box?

Champion

@iamsweetmystery I'm not 100 % sure, but I think it is actually from Seasons.😄  I don't know why it would be labeled as new. 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 20 (5,049 Views)

★★★ Guide

No clue. I was wondering if it had something to do with the preorder bonus. It showed up just after the 1.4GB pre-download this afternoon. (A download marked "Sims 4 Get Together" downloaded on my PS4 but didn't install.)

Message 3 of 20 (5,046 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@iamsweetmystery , no, the pre-order bonus items are other things. (a whale slide, a baby back pack to carry your infant in, and one other item that has slipped my mind.) Also, those items wouldn't be available until the pack is released anyway.  I think the box is from Season and either got accidentally placed here , or else got shuffled around. 

update: maybe they added it to the base game so we can give wrapped presents to another Sim ! Party hat.  Other than that, it should have remained in the Sesasons section/filter, and not with the base game items. 

Message 4 of 20 (5,041 Views)

★★★ Guide

Oh, I know what the items are, I was just thinking they may have recycled the gift box asset as the way to deliver the items when the pack drops. Just a guess on my part based on the timing of it showing up. It's also obviously not a normal Buy Mode Seasons gift box as it's called "Unknown" in the catalogue, and the price is $0. It more like a Debug item, except I don't have Debug unlocked.

Message 5 of 20 (5,030 Views)

Champion

@iamsweetmystery I see what you were thinking!  I don't think that this is it, but I understand where you were coming from! 😊  And I agree that it should be in debug since it is that sort of item!  Must have been an oversite!  Oops😅

Message 6 of 20 (5,026 Views)

★★★ Guide

Could be an oversight. Or a bug. Or some sort of placeholder for something else as yet unknown. I guess time will tell. Thanks for the input either way.

Message 7 of 20 (5,022 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@iamsweetmystery wrote:

Could be an oversight. Or a bug. Or some sort of placeholder for something else as yet unknown. I guess time will tell. Thanks for the input either way.

I also came across this and was wondering what it is. You can't interact with it or put it in your inventory, but you can move it around like you can with plates/food etc. 

Very strange! 

Message 8 of 20 (4,925 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Had it in my game too (didn't preorder GT, so it's not that for sure). Placed it, saw that were no interactions, then went back to buy mode to sell it and noticed it disappeared from the buy mode altogether.

In short, looks like a one time bug.

Message 9 of 20 (4,884 Views)