[S] Show in the Rain No Longer Works

by canelacaliente

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [S] Sims can't shower in the rain (No Eco Pack)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.133.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Moschino
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? wait until it's heavy raining and click the ground to shower in the rain. the sim will go outside and stand there. changing to nude beforehand does not make a difference.
What happens when the bug occurs? sims just stand there
What do you expect to see? bathing in the rain
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 6/3 patch

Sims will not shower in the rain after the 6/3 patch. This is happening on an off-the-grid lot.

Edit By Crinrict:: Added Base Game Version Number, Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 39 (9,855 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [LAUNDRY LIST] [S] Sims can't shower in the rain (No Eco Pack)

Hero

Oh the rain, such a poetic moment from nature. Sitting cozied up with a blanket and a cup of coffee watching the world go by with the melodious sound of the raindrops falling lightly on the ground… wait… is that a Sim showering outside? Yes indeed! Showering in the Rain is possible in Light Rain conditions.
○ Similarly, Shower in the Rain has been fixed for Simmers who have installed Eco Lifestyle, making the most of every resource available!
○ All soaps used are biodegradable - we promise!

Fixed in Patch 1.73.48/ 1.40

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 39 of 39 (5,747 Views)

All Replies

[S] Show in the Rain No Longer Works

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.133.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: All Game Packs: Outdoor Retreat, Dine Out, Spa Day, Strangerville Stuff Packs: My First Pet, Perfect Patio, Moschino, Tiny House
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Wait for it to rain. Click on the ground and select the option for the Sim to shower in the rain.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sim will just walk to the spot on the ground I clicked on for the action to occur. The Sim will then walk in a circle. After that, the shower in the rain action will drop from the queue.
What do you expect to see? The Sim to shower in the rain.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.63.133.1020

This is not working in my old saves.  I started a brand new save post-patch and this is not working either.

Message 2 of 39 (9,752 Views)

Re: [S] Show in the Rain No Longer Works

★★★ Pro

@crinrict Please unmerge.  This is a completely different issue.  The first issue, the action would complete but sometimes I would not get the animation.  This issue the action will not complete at all.

Message 3 of 39 (9,732 Views)

Hero
@canelacaliente Could you upload the video to youtube. It's way too small when you upload it here.

Does the other also still occur or no longer cause now this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 39 (9,712 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] Sims can't shower in the rain

★ Guide

Same for consoles

Message 5 of 39 (9,697 Views)

★ Pro

Found the cause. Continuation interaction (sim_Rain_Shower) now requires a non-industral footprint.

<L n="tests">
<L>
<V t="eco_footprint">
<U n="eco_footprint">
<L n="eco_footprint_tests">
<V t="state">
<U n="state">
<T n="invert">True</T>
<E n="required_eco_footprint_state">INDUSTRIAL</E>
</U>
</V>
</L>
<V n="street" t="via_zone_source" />
</U>
</V>
</L>
</L>

Fallback interaction is shower in acid rain, btw

Message 6 of 39 (9,655 Views)

★ Guide

So we can't shower in the rain unless we have Eco Lifestyle? Man I need to get my hands on that expansion pack soon.

Message 7 of 39 (9,557 Views)

★ Guide

PonySimsFan - My Understanding is Eco Living is not SUPPOSED to be tied to Showering in the rain. Instead this is a seasons pack feature.. Eco Living Simply interferes with the action when installed because some neighborhoods have a universal neighborhood modifier called "Industrial Footprint". This according to the XML the earlier user pulled up. If you want this feature you would be wise to get Seasons instead of Eco Living, because that is the pack that it's SUPPOSED to be in. (also based on the XML NOT having Eco Living but still having Seasons should work just fine)

Message 8 of 39 (9,549 Views)

★ Guide

I wonder if this is intended behavior Kusurusu - As Thinking about the impacts of Industrial Pollution this makes some degree of sense (e.g. Dirty Rain doesn't clean); however if this is the case imo the action should not show up at all when unavailable; as it stands to reason that the Sims would have enough sense not to stand naked in Dirty Water (i have been surprised at their lack of intelligence before mind you)

Message 9 of 39 (9,547 Views)

★★★ Pro

@crinrict The other bug doesn't occur now because shower in the rain is not working.

Message 10 of 39 (9,520 Views)