Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [S] Sim stuck at Odd Job

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.60.54.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Moshino, Tiny Living and Realm of Magic.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Perform the "Dumb or Discrete" odd job. (Not sure if this happens with others but this is the one that broke my sim)
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim comes back from performing the job and I got a notification saying she completed the job successfully, yet the odd job is still shown in my sims career panel as if she hasn't done it yet, my sim is also still considered to be at the job so she can't access her inventory or start club gatherings.
What do you expect to see? For my sim to return to the lot and function normally.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Resetting my sim doesn't fix the issue, evicting then moving her back in also doesn't work. When I try to cancel the job I get a notification saying "*blank* didn't appreciate the flakey behavior," and also earns 25 simoleons every time she tries to cancel it. 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 19 (5,219 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Odd Job Broke my Sim

Hero

Odd Jobs no longer get stuck in a state where Inventory and Build Mode cannot be accessed.

Fixed in Patch 1.68.154/ 1.33

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 19 of 19 (4,194 Views)

All Replies

Hero

@filipomel   I haven't had it happen with an odd job but I've had a similar thing happen with a normal career.  So maybe the fix is the same.  

Sometimes traveling with another household member to somewhere else will fix it.  Then travel right back and the sim will be at home and the portrait clears.  If you can select the sim that has the problem in the travel selection window, you can also have them join the travel.  That works sometimes too.

Sometimes you can call the sim home by clicking on the portrait.  Usually leave work early works.

You can also switch to another household, play them for a few minutes and then go back to the first one to clear it.

Saving and exiting the game and then restarting the game in Origin works sometimes.

None of these work every time though and sometimes it will take until the end of the next shift before it will clear.  I don't think that will work on an odd job though since they are one shot deals.

I don't know if you can access the sim's phone and take another odd job.  Might want to try though.

Message 2 of 19 (5,155 Views)

Hero
@filipomel Sounds like the usual an error occurred failing to reset the status issue that's actually a symptom of a bug.

Did anything unusual happen after completing the job ? Any resets or LEs ?

Do you happen to have a backup from before and if so, would you mind sharing the current bugged one and the backup with me ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 19 (5,123 Views)

Hero
@filipomel Tagging for feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 19 (5,080 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict So nothing unusual happened after my sim came back after completing the job, she just came back as usual, got a message saying she did a good job and got paid. Her icon however is still blurred out saying she’s at a job, can’t start club gatherings because she’s at a job, and can’t access her inventory. I’ll share my save once I have access to my PC again.
Message 5 of 19 (5,065 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Here is a link to the save. The household is Christa Kyran in San Myshuno in the Spice District.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FCSkARq6BftTFhg_ywxrAPfZRIFGZT9-
Message 6 of 19 (5,023 Views)

Hero
@filipomel I'll test this next week.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 19 (5,003 Views)

Hero
@filipomel Could you try if the following works for you:

Open cheat console and type: Careers.remove_career oddJob

(you might need to put testingcheats first or even add twistedMexis Allcheatfix)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 19 (4,962 Views)

Hero
@filipomel Did you have a chance to test my solution ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 19 (4,921 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict I actually managed to fix my sim by playing a different household for some time, and then returning. So I missed the chance to try out your solution, thanks for your help. Thanks @CGrant56 for that!
Message 10 of 19 (4,900 Views)