Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [S] Easter Egg hunt tradition not fulfilling

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Set up "Egg Hunt" as a tradition for the Spring holiday (or any holiday), then do "Hunt for Eggs" interaction on the holiday.
What happens when the bug occurs? The tradition doesn't complete or even register (no flashing check mark to indicate any progress), and the only eggs that are found in the hunt are special farm eggs, not the collectible eggs.
What do you expect to see? It's fine to find Cottage Living special eggs, but the collectible eggs should remain as a hunted egg, as well, and both should count toward completing the tradition.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Cottage Living and pre-release patch.

So, just had my springtime holiday (Easter), and did an egg hunt. Hunted every possible location, and while I find eggs, they're just the special farm eggs (Cottage Living), and not a single collectible egg. The issue is hunting for these eggs doesn't complete the tradition. They don't even register, as you don't get the flashing checkmark on the tradition to mark your progress.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 2 of 21 (7,698 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [S] Easter Egg hunt tradition not fulfilling

Hero

Chickens no longer prevent the Egg Hunt Holiday tradition from completing. Rumor is they were collecting all the decorative eggs for themselves.

Fixed in Patch 1.90.358/1.91

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 21 of 21 (2,887 Views)

All Replies

[CoL] Egg Hunt Tradition Broken/Can't Find Collectible Eggs

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything but Star Wars
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Add Egg Hunt to a holiday 2. Try to hunt eggs on the holiday
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims are gathering CoL colored eggs, not the decorative collectible eggs. Gathering CoL eggs does not satisfy the Egg Hunt tradition. I had 4 different sims hunt for eggs in multiple places and none got a single collectible egg.
What do you expect to see? Finding eggs satisfying the holiday tradition. They used to find one at least every 2nd or 3rd try prior to CoL.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After installing CoL

Not sure if the CoL eggs were intended to replace the collectible holiday ones. I think this event is the only way to get them. I wouldn't mind it being a regular egg hunt with the collectible ones being a rarer find, but currently my sims can't ever seem to find them. 

Message 1 of 21 (7,510 Views)

Re: [S] Easter Egg hunt tradition not fulfilling

★★★ Guide

Was going to make a report, thankfully someone else already did Standard smile It worked fine before Cottage living. Also noticed the "hunted" eggs are now farm eggs, instead of Easter eggs. Nothing happens for me, no matter how many eggs I find.

07-24-21_10-26-40 PM.png07-24-21_10-26-16 PM.png

Message 3 of 21 (7,643 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I get this bug too. I read on the official forums that it's possible to still get the decorative eggs if you hunt them on lots without the chicken coop, but I haven't tried it myself. 

Message 4 of 21 (7,625 Views)

Hero
Anyone know if this happens without CoL installed ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 21 (7,611 Views)

★★ Novice

This was happening to me too, nothing but farm eggs. But then I traveled to the park, and hunted for eggs there and it worked. I think if you have a chicken coop on the lot, all you get are farm eggs. But a lot without them should work fine. 

Message 6 of 21 (7,584 Views)

★★★ Guide
@sarahnitysimmer That's cool to know 😁 Hopefully they still fix it, because I want to be able to do it on my lot as well (with the chicken coop) 😊
Message 7 of 21 (7,558 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

It is happening to me as well. I play on PS4 Pro. 

Message 8 of 21 (7,528 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I decided to test it in a new save without any mods, from non-free packs I only own seasons. Wish I could upload screenshots but apparently file is too big, so hopefully the imgur link won't be taken down. Everything works fine for me, the tradition gets fulfilled.

I play in Polish, cut all mods and remembered to delete cache files.

https://imgur.com/a/hdd5R2J

EDIT: If anything, I can also send a save file for troubleshooting.

Message 9 of 21 (7,509 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Came here to report the same issue.

Have confirmed that it works on a lot without chickens (I created one completely new savefile, as well as went egg hunting at the pub). I repaired, removed all the mods, and tested a second day of egg hunt tradition in my save file, so that's confirmed. Now I just need to have my teenaged witch/farmer (who's currently having an enraged mood swing) and her live-in boyfriend collect the entire collection during the "bug test" holiday =)

Message 10 of 21 (7,487 Views)