Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Parent of my children no living on lot will not leave

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all excluding toddler stuff,fitness stuff, bowling stuff, backyard stuff, and spooky stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have to invite the male sim somewhere else and then go home but he will usually return. Or another baby daddy will return. I don't have the option to "ask them to leave". Go away from the mean category also does nothing.
What happens when the bug occurs? I am doing the 100 baby challenge. I have a child with a male sim. The male sim then acts as if he lives at the womans house. He comes in without being invited, showers, eats, sleeps, and does not leave. If I lock the door he will hang around outside the house until the door has been unlocked.
What do you expect to see? I expect them to behave like all other outside sims and not come into my house and stay indefinitely.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

there's not really a screen shot that will explain this any better.

EDIT (Crin): New thread for existing issue. Original Me Too Count was 103

Message 45 of 70 (10,176 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Parent of my children no living on lot will not leave

Hero

• This one’s a little complicated, so stick with me. If your Sim had a baby with a Sim who didn’t live in the house, then you aged up the baby to a toddler while this Sim was visiting, they couldn’t leave. Well, now they can leave! Woohoo! Wait, Woohoo is what got us in trouble in the first place.

Fixed in Patch 1.43.14

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 70 of 70 (7,462 Views)

All Replies

[OPEN] Toddler parent living in different household not leaving

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I've had male sims (could just be coincidence that this is only happening with male sims as I'm playing the 100 baby challenge and my sim only gets to know male sims as of this moment)...

So, male sims that my sim had/is romantic with are showing up to her house, unannounced and uninvited and not leaving and I can't ask them to leave.

After a day, I traveled with the first one and he stayed gone a couple days then come back. I killed him with MCCC to finally be rid of him. Next guy that wouldn't leave, I traveled with and left him at the venue and he came back a couple days later and again wouldn't leave. A couple days after that, he was back. I evicted my family from their home, placed them back but he was literally still in their kitchen. So I evicted them again and bulldozed the lot and placed the house and them back. So far, the male sim is gone. But I expect him to show back up.

It's almost like he was "given a key" but I haven't done that, not even sure you can not living in San Myshuno (we live in Newcrest).

I just repaired my game earlier, so that isn't it. I just did a fresh folder earlier, too. I haven't tested this without mods but I can if he shows back up and won't leave. But I really believe this is a bug/glitch tied to that "give key" interaction that got borked with this patch.

Also, not sure if it matters, we have a butler. I assigned him to dismiss all visitors. We'll see if that helps or not.

Message 1 of 70 (14,085 Views)

Re: Sims coming over and won't leave

Hero

@xoChelleJoxo

I've merged your post with the CL one and made it more general

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 70 (14,093 Views)

★★ Guide
@crincrit I've read thru this thread and my situation isn't the same as everyone's posted here. Mines a house, not an apartment and I can NOT ask them to leave. And it's from the toddler patch, not city living. I've never had this problem until the toddler patch.
Message 3 of 70 (14,088 Views)

Hero

As I said, I made it more general. I moved it to the general section.

Maybe it's two different bugs, I don't know but for now, I leave them together :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 70 (14,079 Views)

★★ Guide

Update with the Sims showing up uninvited and not being able to ask them to leave and they never leave...

I tested with no mods or cc... still showing up and not leaving. the option to ask to leave still won't show up. 

I have the butler set to "dismiss all visitors" and the sim still is hanging around. 

Message 5 of 70 (14,067 Views)

Hero

@xoChelleJoxo actually

Willing to share your save game ?

If so, please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves and drop the file to this Mediafire-Link to upload.

Please make sure to name the zip file with your user name.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 70 (14,060 Views)

Toddler parents really intense after divorce??

★ Novice

So, I started playing the Pancakes household in order to get used to playing toddlers. Bob and Eliza are divorced, and their two children(a child and a toddler) live with Bob in a new home. Here's the issue: Eliza won't go away. When I loaded up the household, she was already in the house. There was no option to ask her to leave or anything. After a few days, I played her long enough to send her home, then locked all of the doors at Bob's house. She immediately came back, and since she couldn't get in, she just kept running around their yard for like a week trying to find some way to get to the toddler. She has to use the toilet, she's hungry, and she's tired, but she won't leave. I've even tried making Bob yell at her and fight her, hoping maybe she'd get angry enough and leave. Their poor nanny hasn't been able to go home in days because I refuse to unlock the door and let Eliza in.

I've talked to a few other simmers on Reddit and Tumblr, and they said they're having the same problem with toddler parents that aren't a part of the household. While I do use CC, a couple of the people I've talked to don't use any CC at all and still have this issue.

Message 7 of 70 (14,046 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide
yes, I'm more than happy to share my save if it'll help. I'm off pc for the night, so when I get back on pc tomorrow I'll do it.

You want the entire saves folder or just the save I'm experiencing this in?
Message 8 of 70 (14,048 Views)

Hero

The save will suffice.

I usually tell people to upload the whole folder cause it's easier but the more advanced users are welcome to just upload the affected save

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 70 (14,040 Views)