by starwarsnerd777

Original Post

Interactions with chicken coops make cursor invisible

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? Polski
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Recent update, with new water/terrain tools and stuff
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Almost all of them, except the ones with children, magic and vampires
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use the chicken coop…
What happens when the bug occurs? Cursor is no longer operational
What do you expect to see? The cursor…
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Newest patch-Country living

When you interact with chicken coop on PS4, the cursor is no longer visible. It’s as simple as it sounds.

Message 11 of 79 (1,768 Views)

Cursor disappears after chicken coop

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.44
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except for snowy escape, get together, dream home decorator, star wars, stranger ville, jungle adventure, outdoor retreat, nifty knitting, first pet, fitness, backyard, romantic garden. And I only have country kitchen in the kits. And cottage living.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I moved into the starter home in the new cottage living world and bought 2 chick's, 1 rooster and 1 hen. After befriend a fox I went to call chick's in and after clicking the cursor disappeared.
What happens when the bug occurs? The cursor will disappear and you won't be able to click or move using the left joystick. The only way to get it to come back it's by restarting the game, which means long loading screens and make me not want to play anymore.
What do you expect to see? The cursor... and not having to restart every time.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Downloaded cottage living.

Help

Message 12 of 79 (1,725 Views)

Re: Cursor disappears after chicken coop

★★ Novice

I’m having the same issues too. It’s extra frustrating because I couldn’t even play the game until just now because it wouldn’t download on console from preordering it. 

Message 13 of 79 (1,690 Views)

Cursor keeps disappearing

★★★★★ Guide

Whenever i click on hen shed and call chickens in my cursor disappears the only way to get it back is to go to manage worlds 

Message 14 of 79 (1,425 Views)

Re: Cursor disappears after chicken coop

★★★★ Novice

@Heather_Gbt wrote:

“What happens when the bug occurs? The cursor will disappear and you won't be able to click or move using the left joystick. The only way to get it to come back it's by restarting the game, which means long loading screens and make me not want to play anymore.”

So I’ve discovered that instead of having to go back to the main menu or manage worlds that if you go into build mode then return to live mode the cursor will come back. This doesn’t fix the problem but it made it a bit more bearable to play. The problem also stopped happening to me after all my chicks grew up into chickens

Message 15 of 79 (1,652 Views)

My cursor keeps disappearing

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

After I bought cottage living the game kept glitching. First, the chicken  coop wouldn't let me buy any chickens, then my cursor kept disappearing. It's doing it to the point where I have to continuously restart the game. I even took the disk out and cleaned it. And, It takes 30-45 minutes to load.

Message 16 of 79 (1,035 Views)

Re: My cursor keeps disappearing

★★★ Guide
@Mihayuko what platform are you playing on?
Message 17 of 79 (1,024 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just discovered my chicken coop has a glitch in it. Anytime I interact with the chicks I lose my curser and I can’t control my sims! And therefore I’m having to restart my game! I just purchased the pack today! 😩 

Message 18 of 79 (1,017 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Mihayuko In order to help you, we need to know what platform you're playing on. Console? PC? Mac?
Message 19 of 79 (1,014 Views)

Re: Cottage living, bug in chicken croop

★★★ Novice

Thanks, I didn't found it before, I'm new Wink

Message 20 of 79 (1,307 Views)