Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [PS/XB] [CoL] Cursor disappears after interacting with Coop

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.44
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Selecting an option after interacting with the chicken coop
What happens when the bug occurs? Cursor disappears and you can no longer move the camera or interact with anything. It makes the game almost unplayable. The cursor comes back after you go to manage worlds or main menu but continually having to do this is quite annoying
What do you expect to see? For the cursor to not to disappear and to still be able to interact with other objects after attempting to interact with the chicken coop
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I just updated my system to 8.52 and downloaded the new cottage living pack

I just downloaded the new pack after preordering it today. Every time (so far without fail) I interact with the chicken coop, my cursor disappears and I can’t interact with anything else. I can’t move the camera and if my camera wasn’t locked onto my sim before I selected the coop, then I can’t lock my camera onto them either. I can toggle between the menu and game but my cursor never reappears unless I exit to either the main menu or manage worlds. I am also able to access the options menu. Interacting with the chickens themselves is fine and so far has not caused anything wonky, only clicking on the coop itself. The bug doesn’t seem to appear solely by clicking on the coop though. In order for it to happen I need to select one of the options that appear when I click on the coop. Once I make an interaction then my cursor disappears. The interaction at least seems to already be carried out. The lot I’m playing in is 5 cobblebottom street if that helps at all.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, merged a few threads, one had 4 me toos, adjusted title

Edit By PoptartJuniper: Merged posts with 15 me toos

Message 1 of 79 (7,648 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Chicken Coop Pie Menu Glitch

Hero

On Xbox, interacting with Cottage Living’s Chicken Coop no longer causes the cursor to vanish.

Fixed in Patch 1.90.358/1.91

The patch notes only mention XBox but I'm guessing the fix is for PS too. If not, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 79 of 79 (3,298 Views)

All Replies

Wont let me highlight or click on objects to use them (eg. fridge

★ Novice

ive been playing on my new save i made with cottage living and a couple of hours in, it wouldn't let my sim use the fridge. i couldn't highlight it nor was i able to use any of the actions such as "have dinner". every button such as build mode, manage worlds, etc works besides any useable objects. i cant sekect or highlight my sim either. i restarted my xbox, closed out of sims 4, and im not sure what else to do since im playing on console rather than pc.

Message 2 of 79 (6,812 Views)

cursor disappeared with chickens

★★★ Newbie

Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
What is your current game version number? sims 4
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? pets, cottage life, get to work, vampires, and more
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? when you try to do anything with the chickens
What happens when the bug occurs? when i try to do stuff with my chickens my courser will disappear and i will no longer be able to click anything
What do you expect to see? i should be able to interact with the chickens
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

i didn’t have any videos 

Message 3 of 79 (7,562 Views)

Re: Cannot interact with anything after trying to use the chicken coop

★ Novice

I have the same problem, im on xbox series x. as soon as do anything with the chicken coop is wont let me move or anything.

Message 4 of 79 (7,562 Views)

Re: [PS/XB] [CoL] Cannot interact with anything after trying to use the chicken

Hero
@starwarsnerd777 Thanks for the reports.

I'll mark this as console issue for now

If anyone sees this on PC/Mac, please make sure to not just click me too but also post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 79 (7,541 Views)

Sims 4 cottage living bugs

★★★ Newbie

Hello! Everytime I click on the chicken pen my cursor disappears completely then I have to exit the game to fix it Frown

Message 6 of 79 (7,448 Views)

Re: Sims 4 cottage living bugs

★ Novice

I'm having the same issue! Thought it was the controller, changed them out and it didn't work. 

Message 7 of 79 (7,375 Views)

Re: Sims 4 cottage living bugs

★ Novice

I'm encountering the same bug. I've found if I save the game and exit back to the world selector, I can then reenter the world/household I was playing and all is returned to normal (until I interact with the coop again).

Message 8 of 79 (7,299 Views)

Cottage living, bug in chicken croop

★★★ Novice

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
What is your current game version number? 1.44
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cottage living, discover university, city living, dine out, my first pet
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to the croop chicken, and select the interaction call chickens in, or assign chickens, or anyone.
What happens when the bug occurs? Every time I try use the chicken croop after I finish the selection the cursor disappears, and even trying to switch between cursor mode and menu mode doesn't make it appears again. So if you select anything on the chicken croop, you won't ve able to select anything and will have to restart the game
What do you expect to see? The cursor normal so I can select the next actions. Bug video is shared in link, can't download videos from ps4
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

https://youtu.be/WCFj1jEtHO0

Message 9 of 79 (7,370 Views)

Re: Cottage living, bug in chicken croop

Hero
@Lily_Pun7 I merged your post with the main thread on this.

Please make sure to click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 79 (7,356 Views)