Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [PH] Obsessive Dish Washing

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work; Parenthood, Vampires, Dine out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat; Vintage Glamour Stuff; Spooky Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I believe it was sims who earned the Responsible trait from the Parenthood game pack.
What happens when the bug occurs? My Sim spams a "Wash Dishes" action, walks over to the sink, then does nothing. This happens over and over again while in the middle of doing other interactions, and will interrupt game play if not canceled soon enough. Happens when no dishes are on the lot.
What do you expect to see? I expect them to only try to wash dishes when there are dishes on the lot to wash.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Started happening with my very first child raised with the Parenthood game pack.

My first sim that I raised from child to adult in the parenthood game pack will not stop trying to wash dishes even when there are no dished on the lot. I believe this issue has something to do with the responsible trait. I tried to cheat to remove the trait but the sims still does this.

I saw a thread on this issue a few months ago. I do not see it on the most recent known bug list. Not sure if it was fixed but is not fixing it retroactively for sims it was already impacting. The next thing I am going to try to fix this is to move my sim to a new lot.

(I have begun pretending that the sim is obsessive compulsive and obsessively checks all sinks multiple times to make sure they are not running)

EDIT: This is a new thread for an existing one. Merged the old one in here. Original Me Too Count was: 175

Message 63 of 74 (5,205 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] [PH] Obsessive Dish Washing

[ Edited ]
Hero

Sims with maxed manners will no longer queue up wash dishes repeatedly.
  • Dang it… does this mean I have to wash my own dishes now?

This issue was fixed in Patch 1.40.61

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 74 of 74 (4,516 Views)

All Replies

[OPEN] [PH] Wash dishes spamming

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I raised a teen vampire with parent hood. now he constaly spams wash dishes when there are none on the lot. after I aged him to young adult he still dose the same thing. ever lot he visits the first place he gose is to the sink to wash dishes parks, bars it dose'nt matter. sometimes at home he'll cancel the actions he's told to do to go wash dishes when there aren't any on the lot plus he has a dishwasher anyways. I'm assuming it has something to do with the manners or rospnsible trait earning which he had both maxed out properly. Also he lives at riipling flats in newcrest when I tell him to mop the floor in his house he dose but then he runs out to the kids area outside his lot and cleans the ground which seems odd since it's not even part of his lot. Am I going to have to re raise my sim again to stop the actions cause it dose get rather frustrating.

Message 1 of 74 (10,605 Views)

Re: Wash dishes spamming

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

was about to report on this too. none of my are vampires still same problems.

Message 2 of 74 (10,581 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

well I also noticed that they like to set tables in other peoples homes when they are adults as well.

Message 3 of 74 (10,567 Views)

Hero

Hi @alamna74 @LadyDarkSorrow

moved this to the bug forum. I'm seeing this as well

Will be added on the next round

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 74 (10,557 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Got the exact same problem. It's related to the 'responsible' trait, as my sim gained no others when she became a young adult. The problem is so prolific it's making me seriously consider trying to remove the trait altogether as it literally seems to confer no benefits whatsoever. If she isn't trying to wash non-existent dishes, she's spamming the dining tables with serviettes and placemats, and I find myself constantly following her to cancel the more annoying actions when they crop up in her queue. She also does this on other lots as well.

Message 5 of 74 (10,523 Views)

Teen Sim Spam wash dishes

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

wanna add this bug too.. my teen Sim is out to dine out restaurant with Lilly Feng . my teen Sim keeps getting up to wash and clean dishes in the restaurants

Message 6 of 74 (10,531 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [PH] Wash dishes spamming

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 74 (10,446 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Same here, just that mine are childs! Both of them are washing dishes (using the sink, by the way - which leads them to go different floors of the house and lose time) that do not exists, after getting the responsible trait. So I understand the action continues after aging up?

Message 8 of 74 (10,402 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Have had this bug with one child (with no traits yet obviously) and an adult who aged up with the good manners trait (he doesn't have responsible trait though) so far. The poor man is standing in front of the sink and just constantly getting the impulse to wash non-existent dishes, it's so bad that he hasn't moved in several minutes now as I watch and goes back to the sink when I am not telling him to do something else. 

Message 9 of 74 (10,382 Views)