[FIXED] [PC] Stop and go Lags/freezes since Patch 1.88 (Pronouns)

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Horrible Lag

Hero
@tainaNarteaga Unfortunately there's currently no solution. All you can do is provide the info asked on the first page

----------------------

I'm actually back with more info request :D

- Open the task manager and check your CPU/GPU usage. Post results here.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 71 of 309 (1,545 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i did already! i can provide it again.

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 72 of 309 (1,542 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] [PC] Lags/Freezes since Patch 1.88 (Pronouns)

★★★★ Novice

I had the occasional lag here and there before the patch, but nothing major. Now, however, every input on my end takes at minimum 30 seconds for the game to do. Last night in CAS it took nearly a minute just to rotate my sim to the side, and today my game crashed on startup. I took all of my mods and cc out, cleared my cache, and repaired my game and I'm still having the same issues both in new and existing saves. 

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 73 of 309 (1,534 Views)

Hero
@tainaNarteaga Sorry, didn't mean for you to post it again. It was more of a statement :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 74 of 309 (1,533 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

My original post is at the top of Page 2. Here is the info that is now being requested.

• Did you have lags before this update ? If so, where ? No, the lag started after the 1.88 patch.
  • Where does the game lag now ? Everywhere or specific areas ? All areas, from load to main menu, to CAS, to Live, and to build.
  • Do you play a fresh or an existing save game Both.
  • Are you using mods/cc and if so, have you tested without them ? Yes, as stated in my original post.

Thanks for all the help. :-)

Attachments:

Repost of DxDiag from the original post

Config Log

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 75 of 309 (1,668 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Game is lagging to the point that I can't play it.

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 76 of 309 (1,666 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hi sorry idk how to check the CPU/GPU can you tell me how??

Message 77 of 309 (1,660 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Experiencing the same problem here!

• It is the first time I experience this issue, have been playing Sims for around 6 months or so. Never faced issues with former updates.
  • The game freezes every 10 seconds proximately, mainly during gameplay but also during the home screen. It freezes and after 5 seconds continues playing but then freezes again. The music can still be heard in the background, it doesn't freeze
  • Existing game
  • I do use mods, I tried without them, the problem wasn't fixed.
Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 78 of 309 (1,650 Views)

Hero
@tainaNarteaga Open the game in windowed mode (or if you have two monitors you can just use those), the press ctl-alt-delete and choose task manager in the menu that shows up.

Make sure the tab processes is active and check for the process The Sims 4. There should be one column for the GPU and one for the CPU (giving you a % number).

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 79 of 309 (1,612 Views)

★★★ Newbie

ok so I did it but the percentages were changing, it wasn't giving me a stable percentage. I took a screenshot hope this is what you need, also thank you for taking the tike to help me.

Message 80 of 309 (1,578 Views)