Re: Game running slow

by YungAngry

Original Post

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] [PC] Lags/Freezes since Patch 1.88 (Pronouns)

Hero
@saphyra173 Could you please also post your computer specs ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 41 of 309 (756 Views)

★★ Novice

How much RAM is the game using while you play ? Open the task manager and check RAM usage for the The Sims 4:  1,221MB

Prozessor: AMD RADEON R4

RAM: 8Gb

Windows10 64 Bit

Message 42 of 309 (783 Views)

Re: my game is now virtually unplayable due to new patch

★★★ Newbie

This is exactly what's happening to me! it freezes for about 10 to 15 seconds and then goes back to normal before it happens again within like a minute since the last time. sometimes I get the pop up box that says the sims 4 is not responding and I have to close the program. at first it was just annoying but then my game crashed and I lost all my progress so now I don't want to risk playing and loosing my progress again. its really annoying please someone help. I already took out all my mods every single one, I repaired the game 3 times and I even deleted the game from my PC and redownloaded it and that took 2 hours. someone please help me! hoping this fixes itself. I'm not having the same exact issue as the original thread but I've seen a few comments already having the same issue. its happening from the moment my game starts up, the loading screen, in live mode/build and buy and even in cas.

Message 43 of 309 (529 Views)

Re: Horrible Lag

★★★★ Novice

1, I had lags before the patch update in the entire game but it was playable.

2, the lag is in main menu and CAS, i cant get through to live mode.

3, I took out all my save files to keep them safe so i tried with a fresh game.

4, I do use mods and cc but i have also tested without them and it still lags the same as with them in.

5, If im looking in the correct place on task manager, it says Sims 4 uses 2,125.6MB. but it's going from around 1,700MB up to about 2,125MB.

Message 44 of 309 (775 Views)

★★★ Newbie
  • Did you have lags before this update ? If so, where ? - Not a single issue before 
  • Where does the game lag now ? Everywhere or specific areas ? - Everywhere, regardless of what I'm doing.
  • Do you play a fresh or an existing save game - I tried both
  • Are you using mods/cc and if so, have you tested without them ? - Yes and Yes
  • How much RAM is the game using while you play ? Open the task manager and check RAM usage for the The Sims 4 (or TS4_x64.exe) process - 3GB once fully loaded into a save game 
Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 45 of 309 (755 Views)

Re: my game is now virtually unplayable due to new patch

Hero
@tainaNarteaga Were you able to close out the patch pop-up ? If so, you probably have the issue I listed above. Better to post in that thread and provide your info.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 46 of 309 (519 Views)

Game running slow

★★★★★ Novice

My game runs extremely slow since the latest update, even the menu is incredibly slow, the whole UI is a nightmare it is literally unplayable. I repaired the game, used the "Sims.old" technique, took out all mods and cc, and even when it's completely new and empty i still cannot play. Could it be because of the update? because before it was working fine

Help me please

Message 47 of 309 (714 Views)

@YungAngry  I've merged your post with the master thread for this issue.  Please provide the info requested in the first post on page one.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 48 of 309 (704 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes im having some major issues too even some issues that I have never experienced before like my screen freezing and crashing sometime. The screen freezing every 5 mins but will clear up after a min smh im over it. I used to have lags when going into build buy mode and now its back since the update. Yes I do I have mods but they were disabled and im using a existing save  

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 49 of 309 (702 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Im sorry idk how to do the diag or the config thingy but here's the rest of the info needed

• Did you have lags before this update ? If so, where ? Was reasonably laggy because I have a lot of mods and cc 
  • Where does the game lag now ? Everywhere or specific areas ? Everywhere even main menu
  • Do you play a fresh or an existing save game I do but i also tried without
  • Are you using mods/cc and if so, have you tested without them ? Yes and Yes
Message 50 of 309 (693 Views)