by JochenWeiss

Original Post

Unwelcomed Sims Coming Into Apartment

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, all game packs, and all stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure outside of playing the game itself. However, this seems to occur more often when special events happen. Sim must be living in an apartment, especially the one in the Spice District.
What happens when the bug occurs? Random sims (non-family and/or are not allowed access into apartment) will just...come into the apartment uninvited.
What do you expect to see? For the general vicinity of sims to NOT bum-rush and break into my apartment like they own the place! GO HOME ALREADY!!!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

So, let's say I'm playing one of my sim families that's living in an apartment. A special event (game night, surprise visit, romance festival, etc.) happens, a few welcomed sims show up to the apartment. Ok, fine. But suddenly, sim after sim after sim will just pour into the apartment, whether that sim knows the played sim or not (in other words, total strangers will also just pop into the apartment because they just so happen to be in the area...I guess). So I'll see, like, 10-12 sims making themselves at home--literally--in my apartment; eating my food, sleeping in the beds, etc. until the special event is over. And sometimes a bit after it's over (especially if the sim is sleeping).

The only way I can stop this is if I lock the door before anyone can come in. I basically have to screen who shows up before I unlock the door, and a few times, these sneaky sims trick me and still manage to find their way in. If I catch it quick enough and lock the door, then there's a congregation of sims conversing outside my door like a bunch of stray cats. It's kind of adorable seeing them "bond," but it's disturbing seeing so many uninvited sims pretty much camping outside the apartment.

Honestly, this is a really hilarious bug to see, but it becomes a problem when either 1) there's back-to-back special events and the uninvited sim count increases (or never goes away in the first place), 2) they stay so long they mess themselves in the hallway, still don't leave which usually results in them messing themselves again and in one case resulted in a sim dying, or 3) they're all in my apartment completely trashing the place (also, I notice they have a proclivity to drinking copious glasses of water), just to leave and don't even offer to clean up after themselves. Jerks!

Message 71 of 151 (2,917 Views)

Re: Unwelcomed Sims Coming Into Apartment

★★ Pro

Hi @Quien80946 

Not entirely sure as I asked about this once when I first got City Living; to no avail.. but I stumbled across the answer I believe, as the lot had the trait Party Place: I changed that (in build mode) and it stopped the problem happening entirely. 

Hope this helps,

Sasha

Message 72 of 151 (2,893 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Hi @Sashas0nic!

I'll check that out because I forgot about the lot traits. I don't think this one has the party place trait, but if it does, that's going to be squashed lol. But it is the apartment in Spice District that has four apartment complexes. The specific apartment is the one directly straight out the elevator (shares the same wall as the mailboxes). It definitely has the lot trait that helps with cooking/creativity/boosts inspired moodlet.

Message 73 of 151 (2,887 Views)

★ Guide

Just remembered: This also happened in the apartment (same district, same complex) that's off in the little alcove to the left of the elevator when coming out of it. And that one doesn't have the party place lot trait. Just random sims breaking in and taking over lol.

Message 74 of 151 (2,883 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Ok @Quien80946  

Let me know how you go, muck around with different lot traits.. as I've never 'played those lots'. I only use the really 'expensive' ones Large smile I think I also changed a lot trait to 'private dwelling' - as that one also 'deters most if not all visitors' 

Sasha

Message 75 of 151 (2,877 Views)

★ Guide

@Sashas0nic

Haha might have to have my sims visit your sims in your penthouse suite! Promise I won't break in unless you got some nice stuff.

Thanks for your help, I'll let you know if that's what it was (when I get time again). Standard smile

Message 76 of 151 (2,875 Views)

Hero

@Quien80946 merged your post with existing bug thread on the issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 77 of 151 (2,862 Views)

Re: [OPEN] NPCs coming into apartments/houses uninvited

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

okay if i bump this one? it's still happening. just saw it again in the household i'm currently playing. the NPC who walked in was a stranger. (i don't own CL, it's a house.)

(edit: after my active Sim returned home from a venue, 4 not-in-world Sims walked into her house. all but one were strangers.

edit 2: happened again today, after travelling home from a lounge--where the Sim who walked into the house had also been at. this time, 2 out of 6 (barely) knew her. the second Sim who walked in was a stranger to all.)

Message 78 of 151 (2,788 Views)

Re: [OPEN] NPCs coming into apartments/houses uninvited

★ Guide

Hey @Sashas0nic, didn't forget about ya! Wink

So I finally had a chance to check that apartment's lot traits. Only one that was on it was "Chef's Kitchen" or whatever the inspired cooking one is. No "Party Place" trait whatsoever. So it really does have to do with City Living/living in apartments. And now I'm getting it more frequently with all apartment-living sims. Now, I didn't put the "Private Dwelling" trait on it because I don't want to deter all sims, just the ones that truly have nothing to do with the played sim.

Message 79 of 151 (2,727 Views)

Re: [CL] NPCs coming into apartment uninvited

★★★ Novice

Playing on Xbox at the same apartment, people just flood in!

Message 80 of 151 (2,693 Views)